Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 01:02 PM
Planar Protector

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fearing a mob vs fearing someone's pet... pretty grey area that we need a hard and fast rule for.
How about creating a train to kill others intentionally, no matter how it's done, is against the rules?
Old 12-05-2011, 01:03 PM
Sarnak

Yeah how would someone who got attacked in Blackburrow and feared the attackers pet thus training the entire zone and wiping 3 groups be dealt with?

The necros choices would be to either get solo'd by a mage pet or fear it, training everyone.
Old 12-05-2011, 01:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Softcore PK [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How about creating a train to kill others intentionally, no matter how it's done, is against the rules?
How about explicit definition?
Old 12-05-2011, 01:09 PM
Planar Protector

Okay, I see your point [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Personally I'd like to see fear when cast on pets become a stun for that duration + a few more seconds for the time it would have taken pet to run back. Since that won't happen, and most pets can be easily destroyed by their owners, fearing pets should be okay.
Old 12-05-2011, 01:10 PM
Fire Giant

fearing a pet would cause a train. but your fear isn't what caused the train, it was the pet. so in other words, summoning a pet anywhere should be grounds for permanent banning for intentionally creating trains.
Old 12-05-2011, 01:12 PM
Banned

Let's consider this in places like plane of fear and hate instead of just black burrow and south karana.

What's fair to say? No fearing pets in pvp? No fearing pets where it could create a train? No one is therefore allowed on raids to have pets because of the risk? ... see my point?

I see pets as a risk on raids, they've always been considered one and this should be legal.
Old 12-05-2011, 01:17 PM
Banned

So if someone sics their pet on you, you cannot run near or around KOS mobs. Because that person's pet is trying to attack you, you are supposed to limit your range of movement? Am I their pet's keeper? I am going to try to survive. I am going to blind the mob and snare it and run near Shadowed Men and do everything in my power to destroy the person who is attacking me with it. So I would be banned?

That line of reasoning would be absolutely fucking retarded. Unsuspend this man immediately if that is the reason for his suspension. If I'm a bard, I would stay the hell away from other people while kiting. You know, with my unmatchably high run speed? Oh wait, Selos isn't working properly in pvp. GMs seriously need to think about where this is leading. Do we want a blue box or a red box here?
Last edited by Slave; 12-05-2011 at 01:35 PM..
Old 12-05-2011, 01:19 PM
Sarnak

only solution: training is legal

its almost fucking impossible to do on this server anyways. Ive had close to 10 people try to train me and they die with a giant pile of mobs right on top of me but none of them aggro.
Old 12-05-2011, 01:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muaar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

its almost fucking impossible to do on this server anyways. Ive had close to 10 people try to train me and they die with a giant pile of mobs right on top of me but none of them aggro.
Seriously the game mechanics for mob aggro are so screwed up right now that this is true. The only way to train someone is to FD right on top of them or run social mobs onto the one they're fighting. Those should be the ONLY TWO things considered to be training.
Old 12-05-2011, 01:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muaar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

No, pets have been considered a risk for trains. This leads to very stupid grey areas. Someone needs to be able to quickly access logs related to an NPC being agro. If someone sends their pet after you, doesn't call it back and you FD a mob on it... well you have screwed up as the pet owner imo.
Closed Thread