Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2014, 04:58 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by no chewie dont [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Massive MULTIPLAYER online rpg
who would ever take the time to teach a noob how to play when u could box that class for less effort and no interaction?
Zing, this is correct. I don't like the slow red exp rate, but enforced 1 boxing is a big part of what has made P99 last so long and have a larger community than the other emu servers.
Old 08-27-2014, 04:59 PM
Large Bat

Two boxing = more two boxed dual wizards or gank duos running around. Benefits the established player. Also means less need to group, which is one of the better parts of red with the grouping bonus.
Old 08-27-2014, 05:01 PM
Planar Protector

boxing on blue is much more damaging than boxing on red. blue already has a healthy pop, if not overpopulation. With the added bonus of no pvp, there's no threat to people boxing and they can effectively box cash camps AFK with impunity for hours on end, thus fucking tons of people who want to play the game. On red you have an empty barren wasteland where finding ANYONE in your level range to group with is a miracle. One of the most common themes on Red99 is "Someone want to do North wing? Any clerics? Any chanters? ANYONNNNNNE??????" and then everyone logs off. Boxing would allow groups to actually take off. Also, since there's PVP, people can't effectively monopolize camps because the threat of pvp allows people to take them by force. It also increases PVP because more people are playing since there's more things to do. It's a win-win-win-win.
Old 08-27-2014, 05:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's a win-win-win-win.
Whether this is true or not you can at least admit there will always be people against it and it is one of the things P99 has always been very strongly against. I think this would be the toughest thing to get implemented on Red99.
Old 08-27-2014, 05:07 PM
Planar Protector

I agree with HB.

I log in my monk alt before I play my main to see if there is a group in MM. I then promptly log him out and jump on another character. I find a group about once every 2 weeks on him.

I imagine many people do this and miss each other every evening. Boxing would help these people find each other.
Old 08-27-2014, 05:11 PM
Planar Protector

Boxing is great on Red99 [I don't think it's good AT ALL on blue] because now when you log your monk on you can also log your cleric bot on. What happens next is someone logs his rogue on in MM and joins your group, which is beneficial to both of you because of the group scaling exp bonus. Now person 3 brings over his SK and joins the group also. Suddenly you have a full group rocking, whereas before, it was one person at a time logging in, seeing no one to play with, and immediately logging out.

It also creates more PVP because now you got a full group rocking and group #2 might come over to MM and want to engage you for the zone, thus creating a fun low level PVP scene, or vice versa, it gives you support classes to help fight evil twinks with.

But ya, I mean the server is thriving right now with tons of groups going on and 400+ pop so I'm sure boxing would be a terrible idea or something that isn't worth trying.
Old 08-27-2014, 05:11 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You remake this topic every couple months with a slighty different reason it would be good for the server. The fact that you would personally benefit with VP geared toons never even crossed your mind, huh?

2-Boxing does NOT increase the server population. 100 people boxing isn't 200 people playing EQ, it's the same amount of people playing twice as many characters half as well.

I would love to play two of my toons together but the brand new player is who it helps the least. The farther you are from being a newbie the more 2-boxing helps. The idea has benefits, but they are far outweighed by the risks of people using boxing to do things twice as bad and doubling strangeholds on camps.

Boxing being a good thing will never hold up under scrutiny. Just drop the thinly-veiled excuses and admit you just want to play one of your 60 alts to help yourself. Boxing won't happen either way so you might as well be honest.
This
Old 08-27-2014, 05:48 PM
Banned

no thanks boxing isnt classic.
Old 08-27-2014, 05:58 PM
Planar Protector

me2
Old 08-27-2014, 06:04 PM
Banned

cid is a meatball
Closed Thread