Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2014, 09:07 PM
Kobold

Default Leveling and cash

The Wiki has a link called The ultimate leveling while making money guide that suggests doing the sisters camp from 12- 18.

Well anyone have a backup suggestion?

It is Always camped! I camp there and have checked for days. At least during the hours I can play anyway. The same people have been there for hours. I give up! Help meh!
Bakula the Rogue
Baconbit the Druid
Old 08-27-2014, 09:12 PM
Aviak

Wisps on eruds crossing, turn in GLS for research book which sells for 9pp.

Look up concordence if research or evil research on the p99 wiki.
Old 08-28-2014, 12:27 PM
Fire Giant

Truthfully just get to 20-25 before you even start to worry about "farming money" ...at that point you can look at the treants in SK.
Old 08-28-2014, 12:31 PM
Kobold

So these treants in SK have deep pockets eh? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bakula the Rogue
Baconbit the Druid
Old 08-28-2014, 12:40 PM
Fire Giant

I would try asking politely to be put on the list for Sisters in LFay and then hit up the other bandit camp-- its pretty close by so you can mosey on over as soon as they leave. The bandits at the second camp are usually Warriors, though, so they have more HP and are less likely to be holding bronze.

Minotaurs in SF, close to LFay zoneline are another nearby option that's good Exp and reasonable money.
Old 08-28-2014, 12:41 PM
Planar Protector

12-18, orc scalps and divine idols in HHP. 6-10pp per scalp and 400-700pp per idol, non lore shralok packs for 200pp and lots of bronze weapon drops to vendor in the same zone. Can solo Gnolls in the same zone in the same level range -- same deal, 10pp scalps, 300pp shield drops, also large banded armor and bronze weapons to vendor.
Old 08-28-2014, 12:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by gildor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Truthfully just get to 20-25 before you even start to worry about "farming money" ...at that point you can look at the treants in SK.
What Gildor said, only ... wait even longer if you can. There will always be a better money camp if you level up: Treants give a lot more money than sisters, but hill giants give even more, and town guards give even more than that, and then when you get to Seafuries ...

So leveling up has a huge impact on how much plat you earn, but the reverse isn't true. If you replace an AC 4 item with an AC 8 item, it's just not going to make you level noticeably faster. There are a few specific items that are an exception (eg. the shaman's JBB or that AE staff druid's get), but in general XP > plat until you get to the high levels.

So, if you can find a good XP camp that happens to give some plat, great. But otherwise, you're really doing yourself a disservice by running all over Norath not XPing while you try to find an open plat camp. If you just grab whatever XP camp is closest and open, you'll level up quickly and be able to earn much more money than you ever could at the sisters (or any other low level plat camp).
Old 08-28-2014, 01:35 PM
Planar Protector

This^^

I leveled my Enchanter to 52 on Red with mainly cloth and some low level items I farmed. I did the sol ro quests at 52 and a few gear camps.

I did have to stop and farm sisters or another money camp a few times in my 20's because I had no money for spells. This isn't really an issue on blue though.
Closed Thread