Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 11:26 AM
Sarnak

There's reasonable expectations and unreasonable expectations. I expect the op to check stickies before posting this. If the stickies said anywhere "ip exceptions will sometime take several weeks" then, yes, lets be a dick to him. However, the only mention I found was in the 1999 FAQ in the "library" forum, and that makes it sound as if it is a request that is ostensibly resolvable within a few days. Hows this - A) make a sticky in the petition section. B) amend the FAQ.

You can now commence to pointing out the one sticky I didn't read that explains precisely what the op and I did not run across in the others. Otherwise, quit being pricks. Trollfail.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:44 PM
Skeleton

We applied for an ip exemption on the 31st, and figured it was the holidays so it would take some time. But DetroitVelvetSmooth is right, it does not say on the section where you apply for the exemption that they do it in batches and can take weeks to happen. This is why these threads pop up all the time; when you are used to duoing as a husband/wife team (or whatever the makeup) it sucks to discover you cannot log in together right away.

I understand the reason behind needing IP exemption, but I had no clue it can take weeks until I read it in another thread myself. For the time being we have two types of Internet, so we can log in together, but it is a pricy option that us only available to us for a short time; hopefully our exemption will be in place before we have to return the other form of net to my friend. And no, we cannot syphon Internet from the neighbors.

Maybe in the help instructions for setting up eq for play on 1999, where it mentions at the bottom that you need an IP exemption to have more than one in the household play, it could mention that this is a batch process that can take weeks to go through. That way from the get-go, couples will be aware that this process will take time.

The only way our house plays mmorpg's is together or not at all. There's no way we could have one of us playing here while the other watches; we happen to be lucky to have the second ISP for now, because we have truly enjoyed being here so far, and are glad this exists.

I know it has to be irritating to the people who have been here for a long time to see these threads pop up repeatedly, but truly it's just that people are excited to have found this server, and all it says is apply for an exemption without mention that it can take so long until you dig for it.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:51 PM
Skeleton

I mean in the project FAQ, rather, where it is mentioned there. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] not the getting started guide.
Old 01-11-2011, 01:13 PM
Planar Protector

it usualy does not take "weeks" ... nilbog does it every other weekend ... patience is a virtue ...
Old 01-11-2011, 01:23 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swishahouse [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
WERE A BUNCH OF HYENAS!??? HOW OFTEN DOES THIS SAME RETARDED POST HAVE TO HAPPEN?? OP YOU'RE AN IDIOT!
All caps, really? Swishahouse, it looks as if you have the mentality of a 5 year old child.
Old 01-11-2011, 01:25 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uaellaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it usualy does not take "weeks" ... nilbog does it every other weekend ... patience is a virtue ...
I think that may be true during times when Kunark Beta isn't priority #1.
Old 01-11-2011, 01:32 PM
Decaying Skeleton

DetroitVelvetSmooth and Jannemaroo, I think you for the backup. It is quite amazing how flamers and trolls attack new victims when they feel they see a slight mistake whenever, in reality, it has absolutely nothing to do with them. I am very sure that if I am doing something wrong the devs will let me know, especially considering that I am a new member, and they do not need to be babysat by all the little trolls invading their forum.

Peace.
Old 01-11-2011, 01:39 PM
Orc

getting trolled much?
Old 01-12-2011, 11:33 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonepath [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It is quite amazing how flamers and trolls attack new victims when they feel they see a slight mistake whenever, in reality, it has absolutely nothing to do with them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crone [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Please understand good sir, that your exact question gets asked over, and over, and over, and over, constantly without seeminly any work by the poster (you) in figuring out the answer yourself, when it is clearly on these forums.
http://www.project1999.org/forums/se...earchid=490700
Closed Thread