Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2014, 12:09 PM
Skeleton

Default Druid Duoing

Hello everyone. I was looking for some current feedback on a good class to duo with my twin brothers druid. Its been over 13 years since I last played so I dont remember exactly what goes good with druid. I was thinking enchanter for crack & CC. But my brother was thinking a melee class would also be good like monk or rogue.

Anyone have any other recommendations? Thanks in advance!!

~Mudaine~
Old 08-31-2014, 12:12 PM
Planar Protector

twin brothers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'd go wizard on the other PC that he uses in the house and have some good times quadding [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If he happens to live elsewhere you won't need an IP exemption of course [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-31-2014, 12:20 PM
Planar Protector

really depends on your play style. anything would work really, depending on if you plan to invite other players to join your duo and if you are trying to build the fastest exp duo or just have fun.

chanter and druid are both good solo classes so you can work together fairly easily. monk and druid is decent tanking and decent heals. rogue and druid would be harder (rogue doesn't tank nearly well, and can't backstab while tanking).

melee druid combo will start to hit a wall and slow down significantly as you climb into the 50s if you aren't twinked out. chanter and druid would work with relatively same tactics all the way to 60. again, it comes down to your play style.

i would pick what you like to play (chanter is VERY different play than a rogue), and just accept that you will duo slowly at times when you can't find lfg folks.
Last edited by fastboy21; 08-31-2014 at 12:22 PM..
Old 08-31-2014, 12:42 PM
Planar Protector

Chanter/Druid is pretty good. Heals, ensnare, buffs, DS, ports are fantastic.

An enchanter is the best soloer in the game at high level with charm, and the Druid allows them to do that much more efficiently.

Enchanter mezzes and tash's potential pet, druid ensnares, enchanter charms, hastes and attacks other mob that is rooted and debuffed.

Enchanter pet becomes a destruction machine, that runs really slow when charm breaks.
Old 08-31-2014, 01:01 PM
Fire Giant

Druid/cleric or druid/shaman if you can find animals to charm will be amazing.
Old 08-31-2014, 01:13 PM
Skeleton

Think we're gonna try out enchanter with his Druid (Dirtnapp). Mainly looking for something thats group friendly but also allows me to solo when hes still at work. (Not to mention I have 30 levels to catch up hehe) Thank you all for the feedback!

~Mudaine~
Old 08-31-2014, 01:14 PM
Large Rat

My GF and I did druid/chanter.

It proved challenging to teach her how to properly charm with a chanter (having never played EQ in her life), while trying to master it myself. But it was extremely rewarding and fun in the end to do double charms. The full time clarity was also really nice as a druid.
Old 08-31-2014, 01:42 PM
Fire Giant

Druid/rog is actually pretty great for outdoor soloing. Druid throws out snare, flame lick and runs and sits down while the rog drops that dps. Almost like reverse fear kiting.
Old 08-31-2014, 02:09 PM
Planar Protector

That's a hard sell for the rogue though, not sure I'd want to be chasing mobs for hours at a time [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-31-2014, 02:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudaine [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Think we're gonna try out enchanter with his Druid (Dirtnapp). Mainly looking for something thats group friendly but also allows me to solo when hes still at work. (Not to mention I have 30 levels to catch up hehe) Thank you all for the feedback!

~Mudaine~
Not sure what happened to Dirtnap with one P but I'm surprised he didn't snap that name up - always remember him for trying to make plat by offering to sell you one of 12 "premium" character names.
Closed Thread