Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 02:23 PM
Planar Protector

Default Test raising the XP.... server is already on it's last breath

Seriously, put P99 XP near VZTZ levels for a couple of weeks (even 1 week)... what do you have to lose? Test it out.. if it sucks, you will have tried it out and those of us who still check the forums in hopes of this happening can never come back. It's a win-win situation.

If you're coming here to flame this, you have some serious "Harrison-like issues" and you should apply at your local deli to serve up some fine quality lunch meats.
Old 06-13-2012, 02:28 PM
Planar Protector

I think they should put in a bonus and hot zones, at least until Kunark. Then bonus weekends and such, nothing permanent. Hot zones should stay. Good for the peevs.
Old 06-13-2012, 02:39 PM
Planar Protector

The original post has to come to fruition or server is a bust.

The end.

I fucking called this shit from day 1.

Vile the Lord Prophet Box Nostradamus
Old 06-13-2012, 02:54 PM
Planar Protector

Agreed. This is what most red players wanted from the start. Add hotzones to drive low pop to the same zones. Box becomes 100x more appealing to reds and maybe people start to play again knowing they don't have to commit 200 hours to SoloQuest to get into any pvp.

Let's also go into what "VZTZ levels" means. That's at least double the current rate.

The game begins at 40+ on red servers. On VZTZ I spent.... probably north of 500 hours playing after I had already hit 50. On TZ I spent an embarrassing amount of time (2000+ hours) playing after I had hit the level cap. Fighting over content and item progression were always the long term treadmills. Grinding up levels was not.
Old 06-13-2012, 03:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SearyxTZ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The game begins at 40+ on red servers.
ye
Old 06-13-2012, 03:37 PM
Fire Giant

I never liked hotzones because its a sympton of game-on-rails.

I dont want a quest log to force me to xp in just one place, and i dont want hotzones to force me to xp in one place , or on a "golden path" either.

I think the ocasional bonus xp weekend, especialy preceeding big releaes like sky , kunark, VP, etc. is more then enough.

The OP of this thread complained that xp was too hard even when the pop was 400+, even when getting PLed in unrest, even when his friends gave him gear.

Either you can handle and accept classic EQ, or you can't. We cant get all crazy and change the foundation of this server, and slow char progression, heavy investment into that character is very fundamental to the early design of Everquest as an entire game.

p.s. the "game begins at 40+ on red servers" is totally false. This is EQ, its about the journy at all levels. Not worried cause devs wont be trolled into making this non-classic EQ.
Old 06-13-2012, 03:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr0llb0rn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I never liked hotzones because its a sympton of game-on-rails.

I dont want a quest log to force me to xp in just one place, and i dont want hotzones to force me to xp in one place , or on a "golden path" either.

I think the ocasional bonus xp weekend, especialy preceeding big releaes like sky , kunark, VP, etc. is more then enough.

The OP of this thread complained that xp was too hard even when the pop was 400+, even when getting PLed in unrest, even when his friends gave him gear.

Either you can handle and accept classic EQ, or you can't. We cant get all crazy and change the foundation of this server, and slow char progression, heavy investment into that character is very fundamental to the early design of Everquest as an entire game.

p.s. the "game begins at 40+ on red servers" is totally false. This is EQ, its about the journy at all levels. Not worried cause devs wont be trolled into making this non-classic EQ.
What gear was I given? Only thing I was given, was someone logged my char on when a guise dropped. Sorry bro.

I was PL'd for approximately 30 min before I gave up because I knew the server was hitting the shitter. The highlander can attest to this.

I am thankful I didn't waste my time...
Old 06-13-2012, 03:45 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vile [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was PL'd for approximately 30 min before I gave up because I knew the server was hitting the shitter

And this was months ago when the server pop was still 300+

Like I said, you just do not like true 1999 style red EQ. Please find a server where you can /insta 50. Its obvious nothing short of that would please you, as stated with your own words.

Server has a good foundation, good ruleset, good code and very true to classic. Some of us can appreciate that and are having fun. The rest sound mad that their lazy no-effort ways are not being catered to.

Sorry , this is classic red 1999, what did you expect? Candyland?

Try wow
Old 06-13-2012, 03:47 PM
Planar Protector

Enjoy your < 20 pop bro
Old 06-13-2012, 03:54 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr0llb0rn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

durrrrr
Closed Thread