Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-29-2010, 07:04 AM
Planar Protector

Default Make public class distribution?

I thought about making this a poll but decided against it since I already made a poll and don't want to saturate the use of it. That and this is something that would have to be moderated or sanctioned probably, in my estimation. The point of the question I'm asking is, do you think that publicly making available the popularity of certain classes in comparison to others might help to fill in holes so people can form solid groups?

For example, what if there're not enough people playing clerics? Or warriors? Or dps? Should we as players know that so we can make an educated choice about which alt to actively play at any given point?

What I'm thinking of is a list of all classes with a % of the population next to each one, and a preferred % attached to it to represent the optimal % for solid groups across the server as a whole. This could further be organized by level: 1-10, 11-20, 21-30, 31-40, 41-50. There could also be an activity field added which would represent the % of people in that level range that're actively playing.

---------Overall: Current %/Active %/Optimal % | Lvl 1-10: Current %/Active %/Optimal % ......
Cleric..............................[x]/[x]/[x]............................................[x]/[x]/[x]
Ranger............................[x]/[x]/[x]............................................[x]/[x]/[x]
Druid......
Wizard......

This is of course not classic. It's just something I was wondering about. For example, lets say you got a level 26 cleric that you rarely play. You go to the website and see that there's a shortage of active clerics 21-30 and 31-40. Using this knowledge, you decide to play the cleric after all.

Or do you think this is too much information? Or not relevant? Remind you of population control? Should we control it by default, or only control it in certain circumstances, or just let nature do its job?

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by stormlord; 03-29-2010 at 07:34 AM..