Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2013, 07:53 PM
Orc

Wonderful! Great work and thank you for your efforts!
Old 12-04-2013, 08:32 PM
Sarnak

I keep getting weird things happening after using these like at first the game would stop responding when trying to log in and now my screen just went black as if I was blinded, but it wouldn't return.
Old 12-04-2013, 08:34 PM
Sarnak

When I was in Oasis looking towards those wandering orcs near the rock wall. Quickly walked backwards because I could still hear my character moving and then camped out. Screen only came back until I got to the login.
Old 12-04-2013, 08:41 PM
Developer

I haven't heard or experienced anything like this. You just overwrite the spellsnew.edd and spellsnew.eff files and paste the Sprites inside the SpellEffects folder provided Into your SpellEffects folder in the game folder. These files shouldn't cause any issues like this. Even if the files were filled with bad code the game wouldn't load them and would revert to default (broken classic effects).
Old 12-04-2013, 11:15 PM
Orc

All of these have been great by the way Telin. Especially the changes you've made to the hp buff/ac line of spells.

It looks like the clarity line is a bit weird though. I think it actually looked more smooth with the previous version that was loaded with Titanium.

In addition, the healing animation seems strange. I thought on live at 24 you got the "circles" that went around you (kind of like a wall) then at 39 you got the "sphere" that went around the top of you. Am I just remembering that wrong?
Old 12-05-2013, 12:35 AM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarrow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All of these have been great by the way Telin. Especially the changes you've made to the hp buff/ac line of spells.

It looks like the clarity line is a bit weird though. I think it actually looked more smooth with the previous version that was loaded with Titanium.

In addition, the healing animation seems strange. I thought on live at 24 you got the "circles" that went around you (kind of like a wall) then at 39 you got the "sphere" that went around the top of you. Am I just remembering that wrong?
The healing should have the "circles' around you starting at the ground and also at the waist. These both show up at level 24. I can't get the globe in at 39 because of the limits of Titanium to 4 effects unless I was to take a hand effect away, but that would look terrible below level 24 especially.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The biggest difference between what I have now and classic is that the particles should be slightly closer to the body. Other than that, the circles look much better than they did on here before.

As far as the clarity spell. Those particles are the same ones used in Classic. It's a lot more blue; however, there are two issues which make it weird right now. Classic did not have the waist particles that zip around you like this. It instead had flickering particles that briefly appeared just above the knees. I will work on getting this back. I can disable those waist particles for now if you'd like. Also, the lighter blue particles going inward toward the center are very close to classic except that it starts from too far away. They should start closer to the body. I can work on that also.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To make these look more like this i can take away the waist particles, add the ground particles back in for the level 1-23 crowd. I just need something for those low bard levels so it won't look bad and will still progress.
Last edited by Telin; 12-05-2013 at 12:48 AM..
Old 12-05-2013, 12:50 AM
Orc

Oh it's no problem it's just a couple things I noticed and was just hoping I wasn't remembering it incorrectly. I didn't realize you had the limitation on the globe/sphere for the healing but that's a bummer - it was a nice side effect and I want to say the version of spells I had prior to this still had the globe (it was from your predecessor who was working on these in the other forum).

I think that would help the clarity/regen effect although I can understand not wanting it to look strange for the bards. I just noticed it on my enchanter and something just felt "off" so to speak.

Either way, some of these are a huge step in the right direction and I'm sure more appreciate it than might be posting so thanks a lot and keep up the good work!
Old 12-05-2013, 12:53 AM
Developer

I decided to remove the "globe" from the healing in order to get the circle from the waist upward. The healing effect felt incomplete without the higher ring. Although the globe was nice, I felt that by the time the ground level circle got up to the top of the character it didnt' look grand enough.
Old 12-05-2013, 03:19 AM
Kobold

When I started on P99 I never noticed that the spell effects were different than the ones from classic. However since playing with these updates I've been surprised at what I was missing. Really makes a strong but subtle improvement to the visual immersion of the game.
Old 12-05-2013, 07:15 AM
Planar Protector

Thanks for this