Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2021, 08:56 PM
Fire Giant

They should just call Shadows of Luclin/POP EQ 2. And then call EQ 2, EQ 3.

I think in order to get into classic EQ, you have to accept that you didn't like the random deaths of the game and admit you are wrong. So its hard for a standard person to get into it.

I'd like to play EQ 2 and even EQ 3. I just don't want people to take away my, other real reality simulator. (Eq Classic) Heck, you could even add 15 buttons and make it complicated to do spells. I'm not sure if my autism could handle it though.
Old 08-10-2021, 02:22 AM
Sarnak

I have a super big advantage of being an early starter...that my forum account shows a 2010 join date.
Evilbaa Thesheep
Scoutbaa Thesheep
Stoutbaa Thesheep
<Infernus>
Old 08-10-2021, 05:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have a super big advantage of being an early starter...that my forum account shows a 2010 join date.
I suggest porting OP to Tox then gating out. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-14-2021, 03:19 PM
Sarnak

1. That is how Classic Era, Kunark, and Velious were. :/ Manastones were considered priceless overnight. The only "un-classic" bit is there are disproportionately higher numbers of pre-nerfed items than were ever were on live.

2. Unbalanced races and classes were during those era. The idea was to re-create the closest to the original experience you could get. These are sad truths at the time. Thankfully every class still is useful in some way. Whether it is mages CoTHing or Wizards porting to Hate... Everybody has something.

3. I would argue the population is better on P99 for camps than it was on Live. I recall Sunday nights (peak time) easily being 3,000 people during early Kunark. Camps have much less competition now.

4. Beastlords were cool and Luclin had its moments, but post-Velious was definitely a different EQ.

5. Iksar and Ogres are how they were.

6. It isn't, but it is about as close as we'll ever see to the original.

Project 1999 is a re-creation of original EQ to allow folks to re-live glory days in those eras. Not later EQ that balanced many of those issues.
Old 08-14-2021, 05:41 PM
Planar Protector

To answer OP's question: "What's the point?" It's a very deep philosophical question that everyone faces in all aspects of their lives and everyone can and should ponder it at some length, though the answer is always the same. What's the point? That's up to you.
Old 08-15-2021, 10:27 PM
Fire Giant

wuts point eating, gonna die [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-16-2021, 12:23 AM
Planar Protector

A truly classic server wouldn't have legacy items.

Those were considered mistakes by the devs and should've been removed instead of cut off.

But, I play for a shot at them, so they keep me going.
Old 08-16-2021, 08:06 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everything no drop and legacy (eg. guises) is really just a status symbol, and not at all necessary.
But your example is the worst one you could've come up with. It's almost required to get a guise on a large race imo and faction is important. Without guise as a large race or a race that needs the mask to get better faction, you're just not coming in with all the tools you can to be self sufficient.
Old 08-16-2021, 10:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shac [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But your example is the worst one you could've come up with. It's almost required to get a guise on a large race imo and faction is important. Without guise as a large race or a race that needs the mask to get better faction, you're just not coming in with all the tools you can to be self sufficient.
Or you can roll a Dark Elf.
Old 08-16-2021, 11:10 PM
Banned

p99 was never classic

just kinda close
Closed Thread