Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 11:25 AM
Fire Giant

Default IS ISBoxerSuite kosher?

I used it on live to multibox before I got bored with the progression servers. I'd like to use it to play my characters on p99 and r99.

It allows you to send commands to both windows at once, but that feature needs to be activated (i wouldnt use it). It keeps both active, but displays one in full screen, and the rest are made into a small window. im not entirely sure what else you can do. Ive only used it to manage my windows.

I wont use it unless I hear its a-ok. I dont have an IP-exemption, so not looking to 2box on one server with it before anyone suggests such.
Old 02-24-2012, 11:36 AM
Sarnak

2-boxing is not allowed here. Unless you mean playing on both servers at once.
Old 02-24-2012, 11:43 AM
Fire Giant

Pretty sure that falls into the realm of macroing via external program.
Old 02-24-2012, 11:56 AM
Large Bat

I'm not sure what it would "fall into" here, but on live it was discussed on the forums and never said to be illegal. IS boxer, to my knowledge, does not macro anything. It makes switching windows much easier, or you can set up windows of your second (third) box on the same computer to display overlayed your first box. i.e. while playing my Monk full screen windowed I had access to my Shaman and Necromancer spell bars. (worth every penny of $3/month for 3 boxing.)

As described on the live forums IS Boxer does not fall into any illegal software because it takes a live person sitting and actively playing for it to work. No part of playing the game is/was automated. It does not do anything for you beyond making it easier to switch between your multi-boxed subscriptions.

That said, if you're not boxing, I personally see no use for it here. If you want to switch between windows on your computer while playing P99, just put EQ in windowed mode and alt+tab.
Old 02-24-2012, 12:04 PM
Fire Giant

I thought he just said it allows sending keys to the EQ window from outside the EQ window (granted he may have a different EQ window open)?

That is no different from me using a program to send keys to the EQ window while I am browsing the internet and not maximizing my EQ window.
Old 02-24-2012, 12:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristantio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I thought he just said it allows sending keys to the EQ window from outside the EQ window (granted he may have a different EQ window open)?

That is no different from me using a program to send keys to the EQ window while I am browsing the internet and not maximizing my EQ window.
It allows it. I would not be using it. Its really meant for wow. people would box a group of shamans and then own battlegrounds. That sort of thing.

In EQ its not very useful. I would use it on live to make my characters sit and cast their spell (cleric would heal, druid would snare, enchanter would slow). I also would use it to make them follow, and to make them all camp out. For 2 characters on different servers, there isn't any use really.

I was just giving all information I could.
Old 02-24-2012, 12:09 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulbousaur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2-boxing is not allowed here. Unless you mean playing on both servers at once.
You shouldn't respond to something you didn't actually read. Thats a silly thing to do.
Old 02-24-2012, 12:12 PM
Planar Protector

I have used ISBoxer on other servers. If you aren't boxing on one server it really wouldn't give any advantage. Personally I don't see much of a difference between using it and wineq. It is just a nice way to see both Red and Blue at the same time.

So, I say yes if you're not boxing, but my opinion means nothing!
Old 02-24-2012, 12:27 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extunarian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
my opinion means nothing!
Ditto here, I personally wouldn't use it until I got word from staff but if you aren't macroing with it I doubt they would even check if you're using it.
Old 02-24-2012, 12:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristantio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ditto here, I personally wouldn't use it until I got word from staff but if you aren't macroing with it I doubt they would even check if you're using it.
I'd be worried about running that program with Rogean's DLL file watching.
Closed Thread