Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2017, 02:51 AM
Orc

Default Can Someone Direct Me To The Skeleton Laugh File Name and Location?

Does anyone know the file name for the classic skeleton laugh and its location in the EQ folders. Ive looked through the Sounds folder but i don't see any "skl_lgh.wav". Im working under the assumption the sound file is in my EQ folders (maybe its not?).
Old 05-18-2017, 03:23 AM
Orc

Found a skeleton laugh file on Nexus but would still be interested to know where its located in the EQ folders if someone knows.
Old 05-18-2017, 05:41 AM
Large Rat

The sounds subfolder is only used for more modern monsters, zones, etc. The sound you're looking for is in snd4.pfs. I'm not sure whether you're looking for the "melee" laugh (skelatt1.wav) or the "spell" laugh (skelatt2.wav), but they're both in there.

Are you looking to delete these sounds from the your files so you don't have to hear the skeleton laughter anymore? Or are you aiming to extract them for some other purpose, such as a text notification sound? Either scenario is pretty easy to achieve using the dev tool known as S3DSpy.
Old 05-18-2017, 09:06 AM
Orc

Oh geeze, if I can remove the rat squeaking noise from the game, Befallen would be about 90 times more tolerable.
Old 05-18-2017, 09:30 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSlave [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh geeze, if I can remove the rat squeaking noise from the game, Befallen would be about 90 times more tolerable.
This is definitely doable using S3DSpy. I created a custom soundpack over at Shards of Dalaya specifically to remove a number of obnoxious sounds (mainly loops, such as fairy twinkling, spectre robe flapping, and rain/thunder/wind sounds). If you want to stamp out some of the more annoying sounds yourself, I recommend you do the following:
  1. Make backups of snd1.pfs through snd9.pfs in case you need to revert later on.
  2. Acquire S3DSpy.
  3. Using S3DSpy, extract all contents from snd1.pfs through snd9.pfs into separate folders for each .pfs.
  4. Listen through all of the sound files, making note of which ones you want to delete.
  5. Delete them using S3DSpy.
  6. Log in and confirm it worked.
Listening through hundreds of files sounds like a ton of work, but most of them are only about one second in length.
Old 05-18-2017, 09:39 AM
Orc

awesome thanks gnomish.

You got me too, im looking to have the laugh as a text notification for my phone.
Old 05-18-2017, 12:29 PM
Planar Protector

Here's another thread about the same issue, but the solution only involves notepad (and it even lists the skeleton laughs): https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=165237

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-18-2017, 12:45 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here's another thread about the same issue, but the solution only involves notepad (and it even lists the skeleton laughs): https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=165237
Good call! I forgot that that's actually the go-to method for removing sounds. It's how I compiled the soundpack I linked in my earlier post, yet it had already slipped my mind. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-18-2017, 11:23 PM
Orc

Got both the skelly laughs on my phone now. Thanks they sound great!
Closed Thread