Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 12:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pheerie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I support project1999 but I feel oblligated to correct some of this statement. I played on the eqlive prog server during beta and when it went live. During beta some of the new noobie gear quests were available but these were disabled before it went live. POK was not available until pop.

They did have the updated spell damage values which made casters OP, as well as jaggedpine forest in "vanilla" whic of course everyone flocked to pre-kunark. Then in kunark they allowed the new hotzone item drops and out of combat medding to be rolled in which killed a lot of the old schoool feel. I am guessing they won't remove ooc medding this time around either.
Actually the ooc regen was added mid-velious, since that's the same time it was added to live servers as well. Most of the kunark hotzone loot was meh anyways, if you were a raider it didn't mean much, but there were some very nice items (including haste) out of Grieg's when Luclin was opened.

lol wut
Old 01-06-2011, 12:27 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

i played there,the loot wasnt MEH, some of it was ridiculous in comparison to any sort of grp loot you could get. i remember something really nice dropped in qeynos catacombs,but i dont want to poopsock this thread and provide links or anything,so thats enough proof for me.

just because you might be able to get something better in a raid down the road doesnt mean that it wasnt a big problem. i would say some of it was better than alot of raid items,but i dont have proof...just what i recall from like 5 years ago.
Last edited by sedain; 01-06-2011 at 12:38 PM.. Reason: added details
Old 01-06-2011, 01:21 PM
Sarnak

EQLive, definitely.
Old 01-06-2011, 03:10 PM
Large Bat

enjoyed this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wanted to add my story.

I left UO because of the player killing to become involved in the EQ beta back in the day, and played for many years. I enjoyed the game greatly and frequently found myself defending the game against detractors. I left shortly after Luclin and drifted through many games and betas: EQ2, Wow, AC2, SWG, Vanguard, Aion, etc. A few times I went back to EQ, but every time was increasingly sadder because of how badly the game had fallen from those early days.

I had pretty much given up on finding a game that matched the level of challenge that early EQ provided, and every time I went back to EQ it had warped things a little more, so much so that now it is hardly recognizable. When I downloaded EQ Titanium, worked through all the technical issues, and finally logged into Erudin to see and feel the same world I had played over a decade ago, I was amazed and nearly overcome by how great it felt to be back. Here was the world I remembered, all the danger, corpse runs, and excitement.

I am so grateful that these unpaid, tireless, volunteers have brought back this experience. You guys are amazing. I don't know why you devs do it, but please continue to do so because the world still needs a game like this, and every new game seems to be trying to be a better Wow clone (and notice how they all keep failing). Thanks, and keep up the good work, you have my appreciation.
Old 01-06-2011, 03:18 PM
Kobold

EQLive progression is all about moving through the game fast. This server is better cause its more like EQ99 where people were spread out at all levels. Staying here for sure.

Old 01-06-2011, 03:41 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EQLive progression is all about moving through the game fast. This server is better cause its more like EQ99 where people were spread out at all levels. Staying here for sure.
There's a more fundamental issue for me. I can play EQ live if I want to experience what the game has become, yet I choose to come here because I've played both and prefer early EQ. So why would I play on a server whose ultimate destiny is to become a shadow of the game I remember.
Old 01-06-2011, 05:20 PM
Kobold

Won't even consider subbing for Sony's progression.

Progression was fun for a bit the first time around, but it pales in comparison to the P99 experience. I'll happily wait here for Kunark. Kunark was Golden Age of original EQ to me, and it's worth the wait to see it done the right way.
Old 01-06-2011, 05:23 PM
Planar Protector

I played progression bak in 2005 or whenever it was on the Combine server...I prefer this server over Live, by a mile.
Old 01-06-2011, 06:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually the ooc regen was added mid-velious, since that's the same time it was added to live servers as well. Most of the kunark hotzone loot was meh anyways, if you were a raider it didn't mean much, but there were some very nice items (including haste) out of Grieg's when Luclin was opened.
No. That was NOT in during Velious. End of story.
Old 01-06-2011, 06:49 PM
Fire Giant

OOC regen was added to Live with the launch of the Serpent's Spine, which was September of 2006 (The Combine launched, I believe in June 2006). As far as I remember they weren't able (read: willing) to code it out of the Progression Servers, so wherever they were at that time is when it was added. Velious or Luclin sounds about right.
Closed Thread