Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 05:27 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daliant17447 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One solution would be to just wipe the server clean and start back at square one.

Finish beta testing PvP mechanics, then announce a release date for P99 Blue/Red servers both going live simultaneously and advertise across all mmo communities to build hype. Consider the last 2 years as just a long drawn out beta.

This would:
-Allow the servers to progress on an accurate timeline because the first 2 years of content are already developed and tested
-Allow both servers to progress through the timeline at the same rate
-Allow the devs adequate time to work on epics and velious without outcry from the community about when it will be finished
-Help to spread the population between the servers so that both are able to sustain a healthy population
-Allow the server to have a more accurate economy without all the duped plat and items now that the necessary counter-measures are in place

Some of the most basic mechanics have taken the entire duration of classic to get tuned properly (FD, melee damage, charm duration, resist checks just to name a few). The intent of the project was to provide a classic server that played as closely to the original EQ as possible with content being released on a timeline accurate to how it was back on live. If the server were to restart it would be able deliver just that.

On the flip side, obviously you would have a lot of the player-base upset about losing their characters and feeling like the last 2 years have been a waste... but lets face it, that time was spent playing EQ so it has already been a waste. Its not like any payment was taken for services or any promise was made that protected characters.

You might lose some people do to rage quiting, but I think you would also gain a significant ammount of people drawn by the fact that it would be a clean start for everyone, and a lot of the people who have played here and quit would be back for stuff they missed the first time around like guise/manastone.

Just an idea... I know I for one would be pumped about losing my level 60 and multiple level 50+ characters and having to reroll with bronze and fine steel... but maybe i'm just crazy.
Old 10-11-2011, 05:31 PM
Banned

daliant for president of the mother fucking united states of fucking america

WIPE THE DIRTY PIXELS CLEAN WITH BLEACH AND MAGNETS
Old 10-11-2011, 05:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingme [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Trying to explain, what? That rogean wasn't releasing VP because the guilds basically needed "punishment", nah man I understood that.
Management set this up to end like this.

Basically, they police the raid guilds like children. Solving every dispute instead of leaving everything up to us to settle. That ends up getting tiring for them and they don't always enforce every petition or even reply. Then you get things where one guild snipes pulls and they only get the loot taken away and "please don't do that again". Which leads them to the thought "well if nothing bad happens, let's just see what we can get away with"

Now you have the end game raid scene. Where the "Balls" of the server (Uthgaard) has quit and we are left with guides and Rogean. If there was ever a time to pull shady shit, it would be now. Yet, for the most part, we have been governing each other better than before.

If they had let the rules be done away with and let us completely just crap all over each other, sooner or later we would have all come to an agreement. Yet, we will continue to keep this Mother/Children setup and we will continue to "taddle" every thing to mommy dearest, that is how they want it.
Old 10-11-2011, 05:51 PM
Planar Protector

LOL wiping would make it even worse:

a) A certain percentage of players (mostly casual) would not want to level up toons again, and not come back after wipe.

b) You still have two organized uber guilds that, now issued a new, fresh competitive challenge, will re-organize similarly to try to beat each other now that they perceive they're on equal footing.

c) These min-maxers, now having started all at the same time instead of trickling in as they happened upon P99, will camp the highest XP zones (Crushbone/belts, Blackburrow/gnoll fangs, Unrest, Oasis, Guk/SolB/Kedge... you know the drill) and cockblock the other guild (and everyone else on the server) by attempting to monopolize coveted spawns (FBSS, etc). This will drive other casual players away.

d) Planar/Dragon/God poopsocking/cockblocking/training/drama all over again, within 2 months. Right back where we started.

So, you want a server wipe? I hear there's a brand new server starting up soon. And there won't be any poopsocking on it, so you can have true competition. You can all start at level 1 and see which guild is the best over there! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 10-11-2011, 05:56 PM
Fire Giant

gd yendor stop winning threads all the time
Old 10-11-2011, 06:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Management set this up to end like this.

Basically, they police the raid guilds like children. Solving every dispute instead of leaving everything up to us to settle. That ends up getting tiring for them and they don't always enforce every petition or even reply. Then you get things where one guild snipes pulls and they only get the loot taken away and "please don't do that again". Which leads them to the thought "well if nothing bad happens, let's just see what we can get away with"

Now you have the end game raid scene. Where the "Balls" of the server (Uthgaard) has quit and we are left with guides and Rogean. If there was ever a time to pull shady shit, it would be now. Yet, for the most part, we have been governing each other better than before.

If they had let the rules be done away with and let us completely just crap all over each other, sooner or later we would have all come to an agreement. Yet, we will continue to keep this Mother/Children setup and we will continue to "taddle" every thing to mommy dearest, that is how they want it.
no, on several levels. no no no no no.

What server did you play on? i'm assuming it wasn't a red server becuase if you had played on a red server like I did you would know that just letting it go isn't the answer because what youll end up with is a guild that cock block any and all competition for as long as they feel like.
Old 10-11-2011, 06:10 PM
Fire Giant

The reason this is taking so long is because the 5-10% of the server population who wants to go there pisses of devs off to no end. Who the hell would want to work on content for you guys when shit would start the instant it happened? Rogean and Nilbog and the rest of the dev team don't get half the thanks they should for keeping this server running on their free time.
Abomination Snowman - 60 Grave Lord
Proud owner of Innoruuk's Curse that did NOT come from TMO's bank or RMT.
Niluvien Forestwalker - 52 Ranger
Russled Jimmies - 54 Wizard
Old 10-11-2011, 06:26 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was trying to explain things to you, but I couldn't do it without it turning into a RnF thread.

Therefore, I reply with this. You have no idea what you're talking about.
You couldn't explain who your mother is without turning it into RnF.
This is also the reason VP isn't out, because you can't act mature.
Old 10-11-2011, 06:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonface [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You couldn't explain who your mother is without turning it into RnF.
This is also the reason VP isn't out, because you can't act mature.
Aww, <3 you too.
Old 10-11-2011, 06:34 PM
Sarnak

YOU ARE PURE SCUM STEALIN, VP IS ALL UR FAULT
its time to grow up... neener neener
Closed Thread