Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 04:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hope VP is never released so the top guilds learn their lesson about being pieces of shit.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-10-2011, 04:40 PM
Fire Giant

Opening VP effects everyone, if you allow every guild to be on the same pace..the server feels very crowded. But when the server has a general flow, Ie top guilds doing high end stuff, it opens up more opportunity for the rest of the server. For example if Velious comes out 5 years from now, Everyone is going to be geared to the teeth and there is going to be way more people in high end dungeons and none in low end ones. This is a direct cause of delaying progression. Now I personaly dont believe that one or two months is going to be that detremental on the servers health, but I do believe the longer it takes the more of a issue it becomes.
Old 10-10-2011, 04:46 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElanoraBryght [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Until the guilds - and the leaders of the guilds - learn to compete without breaking server rules, I do not expect to see VP open.

Every time a guild kites instead of engaging, dumps trains they couldn't handle, exploits pathing to hinder another guilds raid, or any of a dozen other rules violations that happen every week, I picture a gm shaking his head and putting another mark in in the "hell no, we're not opening VP" column.
If you take the totality of what I said, and not each sentence alone, you'll see that what I'm conveying is that the chicken is being mistaken for the egg.
Old 10-10-2011, 05:13 PM
Fire Giant

Problems with the beta on r99 havn't been fixed for weeks now. Whatever is up with the dev's and the time they spend doing things for eq emu, it effects everyone, not just p99 top guild or people on the forums.
Old 10-10-2011, 05:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galacticus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Problems with the beta on r99 havn't been fixed for weeks now. Whatever is up with the dev's and the time they spend doing things for eq emu, it effects everyone, not just p99 top guild or people on the forums.
Wish I knew anything about coding......
Old 10-11-2011, 12:04 AM
Fire Giant

OP and rest of the raiders who have chimed in.

not intended to flame or attack anyone.

Was this post realy the best way to communicate with devs? You stated you have PM them without any answer. What makes you think they will answer here? if they are not answering PM's. All this thread has done is inflame folks on both sides of the issue.

I could care less if the zone in question was opened or not "been their done that" Let the devs play with their creation if THEY choose to let it stand as it is so be it. If they choose to develope the game so that raiders are all granted every wish of how this server should be in their view so be it. IF they choose not to communicate with you me or anyone else so be it.

My 10 cents

Buellen the ever solo ranger
Old 10-11-2011, 12:12 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galacticus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The R99 beta has been out for, what, 14-16 days? How often do you honestly expect new beta builds to come out?
Old 10-11-2011, 12:18 AM
Planar Protector

there are some absolutely debilitating bugs in R99 right now.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 10-11-2011, 12:25 AM
Sarnak

interfering with your ability to beta test?
Old 10-11-2011, 12:34 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daliant17447 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One solution would be to just wipe the server clean and start back at square one.

Finish beta testing PvP mechanics, then announce a release date for P99 Blue/Red servers both going live simultaneously and advertise across all mmo communities to build hype. Consider the last 2 years as just a long drawn out beta.

This would:
-Allow the servers to progress on an accurate timeline because the first 2 years of content are already developed and tested
-Allow both servers to progress through the timeline at the same rate
-Allow the devs adequate time to work on epics and velious without outcry from the community about when it will be finished
-Help to spread the population between the servers so that both are able to sustain a healthy population
-Allow the server to have a more accurate economy without all the duped plat and items now that the necessary counter-measures are in place

Some of the most basic mechanics have taken the entire duration of classic to get tuned properly (FD, melee damage, charm duration, resist checks just to name a few). The intent of the project was to provide a classic server that played as closely to the original EQ as possible with content being released on a timeline accurate to how it was back on live. If the server were to restart it would be able deliver just that.

On the flip side, obviously you would have a lot of the player-base upset about losing their characters and feeling like the last 2 years have been a waste... but lets face it, that time was spent playing EQ so it has already been a waste. Its not like any payment was taken for services or any promise was made that protected characters.

You might lose some people do to rage quiting, but I think you would also gain a significant ammount of people drawn by the fact that it would be a clean start for everyone, and a lot of the people who have played here and quit would be back for stuff they missed the first time around like guise/manastone.

Just an idea... I know I for one would be pumped about losing my level 60 and multiple level 50+ characters and having to reroll with bronze and fine steel... but maybe i'm just crazy.
word
Closed Thread