Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 10:14 PM
Planar Protector

Making a list of rules about what people can and can't do when a mob is in window, lining up trackers, mages, FTE spam buttons...

Just make the zone pvp when the mob is in window.
Old 09-16-2014, 10:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotton05 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
spear head?? you still respond for ffa targets... your actions contradict what you're saying.
Don't be fucking dense. If BDA wanted MAX pixels, we certainly wouldn't have championed a rotation system where we only had an opportunity for a particular raid target once every X weeks.

Responding for FFA targets does not cancel out Chest and the rest of the BDA raid reps getting flamed left and right (for, what, 3-4 weeks?) for working towards a rotation system to spread out some enjoyment of the raid scene to other guilds without the huge barrier to entry created by unemployed neckbeards who are seemingly 30 seconds from their computer 24/7.

Class C says they're all about "competition" and if the rest of us want pixels we should have to "compete" for them. But when FE had the chance to have three guilds competing in VP for all that extra "competition" and "fun" that would be, of course they said "fuck that!" Because, you know, that's now a 33% chance of winning the FTE lottery instead of 50%. And if that wasn't contradictory enough, they then sold out and merged with the very guild that FE was created to compete directly against.

You want contradiction of actions vs. rhetoric? There you go... eat it up.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 09-16-2014, 10:31 PM
Sarnak

As a raid leader of TMO I have told every single person who uses a mage that we do not have to CoTH duck and I would rather lose the target than them have to sit there and spam cast/duck for hours on end.

Chest - you are a massive faggot and continue to show you are in this thread. TMO and IB agreed to outlaw CoTH tracking in Class C mobs and want to lower the amount of effort to track/kill mobs, not raise it. You are the true scum of the server, and it will be a better place once you leave.
Old 09-16-2014, 10:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't be fucking dense. If BDA wanted MAX pixels, we certainly wouldn't have championed a rotation system where we only had an opportunity for a particular raid target once every X weeks.

Responding for FFA targets does not cancel out Chest and the rest of the BDA raid reps getting flamed left and right (for, what, 3-4 weeks?) for working towards a rotation system to spread out some enjoyment of the raid scene to other guilds without the huge barrier to entry created by unemployed neckbeards who are seemingly 30 seconds from their computer 24/7.

Class C says they're all about "competition" and if the rest of us want pixels we should have to "compete" for them. But when FE had the chance to have three guilds competing in VP for all that extra "competition" and "fun" that would be, of course they said "fuck that!" Because, you know, that's now a 33% chance of winning the FTE lottery instead of 50%. And if that wasn't contradictory enough, they then sold out and merged with the very guild that FE was created to compete directly against.

You want contradiction of actions vs. rhetoric? There you go... eat it up.
Championed a rotation... you make it sound so heroic. I do pras it to have finally happened, that was the ultimate goal of FE to lock TMO out and make a rotation...Finally the Gm's stepped in and helped.

also

I dont think you understand how the merger happened but its ok, you sound angry, this is about coth ducking, not the "competition" of an old guild that was the only guild to stand against the old TMO under Zee's control with the old rules that you guys couldn't do... happened once Sloan and Zee was out of the picture. Also you do want pixels so dont play it off like you guys are any less devoted to this game than any class-c guild. Derailing this into anger over class c vs class r is stupid..... sigh.

But you do contradict.. eat it.
Old 09-16-2014, 11:20 PM
Sarnak

Yendor and Chest are too entrenched in their TMO hatred to understand the proper target of flames in this particular thread is Taken.

Please just ignore them.

Juevento - Druid <Free Agent>
Old 09-16-2014, 11:58 PM
Aviak

Personally, I think if Taken wants to undertake this tactic, more power to them. If the extra effort gives them an edge over their competition because the competition isn't willing to go to that effort, why should the competition get to ban that tactic? Man up or shut up. Personally, I'm surprised so many people are for banning this. Yeah it sucks big donkey nuts. Not gonna deny that. So does every other form of tracking in EQ. We don't have a requirement to CoTH duck or anything like that in TMO, but we do require trackers to be vigilant and at the keyboard. Staring at a blank wall doing nothing is the very definition of boring to me. In a game environment where seconds or even fractions of a second is the difference between getting the shiny treasure and not, combined with new measures to prevent auto-firing, CoTH ducking was the inevitable evolution. I'm very happy that Class C was able to come to an agreement on how to race for mobs that didn't involve CoTH ducking, but FFA stand for Free For All last I checked.

If we are gonna trash on Taken, let's talk about how they avoid getting punished for being ass-hats at Sev.

If the trolls could have focused on the fact that Catherin was cheating instead of whatever personal issues she may have, maybe something would have come of that too.
Ghomie (60 Wizard)
Jurassic Park (60 Necromancer)
Massterr Drumok (56 Monk)
Leighdybierd Johansen (50 Cleric)
Gdavid (50 Magician)
Snique Sniq(28 Rogue)
Therbah (7 bank)

Red:
Aalamar (60 Enchanter)
Aalasbank (1 bank)
Old 09-17-2014, 06:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotton05 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I dont think you understand how the merger happened but its ok, you sound angry, this is about coth ducking, not the "competition" of an old guild blah blah blah
Not angry, and I don't care how the merger happened. The fact remains you all wanted "competition", even to the point of badgering BDA to come over to Class C (which you knew would never happen, so it was safe flamebait to lay out there) but instead of increasing "competition" with 3 actual guilds, FE always decided to latch on to another guild. Just pointing out the pot is calling the kettle black as a little side bar topic here.

Sorry to interrupt your topic here, Juevento... carry on!

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 09-17-2014, 08:11 AM
Banned

The underlying bitterness of how most of FE picked to merge with TMO once their super trolls/guild leader quit is strong with this one. ^_^ why you making it sound negative when it was a good thing?

Guess things will never change. Except when you're forced to track with mages and CoTH duck for hours during FFA mobs(I've never done it but those who have I'm sorry)
Old 09-17-2014, 08:18 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingore [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As a raid leader of TMO I have told every single person who uses a mage that we do not have to CoTH duck and I would rather lose the target than them have to sit there and spam cast/duck for hours on end.
I've told the same thing to our mages. It's an unofficial rule that we do not coth duck. If our mages are coth ducking then it's because they choose to at their own detriment. Maybe I could understand it if the window came down to the last 30 minutes, but even then I've never specifically told a mage to do it.
Old 09-17-2014, 08:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colgate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
wow

this makes my top 5 for most pathetic/cringeworthy things i've ever seen

i sincerely cannot believe you people do this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tewaz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am so amazed that none of you have taken a step back and looked at how pathetic you are.
Closed Thread