Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

View Poll Results: Double EXP weekends on Red to boost server population?
Hell yes 55 68.75%
Hell no 25 31.25%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 05:03 AM
Aviak

Isn't Smedy Agatha?
Old 08-19-2014, 06:32 AM
Planar Protector

If there wasn't already a group bonus this would be a good idea.
Old 08-19-2014, 06:37 AM
Planar Protector

There's only so much that can be done for the server. Esl was right...it's not about getting players it's about keeping them, and that is up to the community.

Which also explains why there hasn't been much server growth. The only people that can make the server enjoyable are the players.

On the other hand I still log in occasionally and can't help thinking how amazing it is that there's almost 200 always playing. It's about perspective, dawgs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
if your reason to be here is to ruin other peoples experiences and grief them off the server, then not only do you not deserve the privilege of playing here, but i will remove your ability to do so.
Old 08-19-2014, 06:37 AM
Fire Giant

MAYBE if YOU emphasize more it will help get YOUR point ACROSS
Old 08-19-2014, 06:40 AM
Planar Protector

truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
if your reason to be here is to ruin other peoples experiences and grief them off the server, then not only do you not deserve the privilege of playing here, but i will remove your ability to do so.
Old 08-19-2014, 08:08 AM
Banned

beethoven worst poster of the millennium
give it up
Old 08-19-2014, 08:35 AM
Sarnak

Perhaps population is low because not that many people want to PvP. This is why I've only played blue servers since 1999.
Old 08-19-2014, 08:45 AM
Banned

Perhaps
Old 08-19-2014, 09:15 AM
Retired GM

Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beethoven [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok, i agree that your mighty opinions are just as valid as my own, or anyone else here for that matter. But for now I'm going to go with the Giant Red Motto:
HIGHER exp rate/ HIGHER drop rate/ LOWERS spawn times= Thee Ultra Server
So you want to play on the EZ Server, but with PvP enabled?

Experience is already unbelievably high as it is. Full group of players is 290% XP. Even grouping with just one person is 130%. If you need more than that you just need to play on a different server, because you aren't looking for what Red 99 aims to provide.

I think similar logic applies to increased drop rates, but in a different way. It's easy to find open camps on Red 99. You will rarely have to wait in line for fight for a spawn, unless its one of the more popular ones. As long as you put the effort in, you're almost guaranteed a shot at the loot drop you're looking for at any time of day - unlike blue where you will likely have to wait in lines that are sometimes 3 or more players deep.

Sorry, but the things you're suggesting aren't going to increase the servers population. The only way to do that is to improve the community and give people reasons to continue coming back. The people who have been here for 2, 3 years are only here still farming pixels and pvp'ing because of the people they play with. If that wasn't there, they wouldn't be here any longer. New players to the server need to make those same connections if we want them to stick around.

If you've been here for a long time, ask yourself why you're still here. I can almost guarantee it's because you like to log on and play EQ with your pals. So if we want more people, they need to make those same connections as well. Someone start a community outreach program for new players [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I still have yet to see any guild leader sanction their members for stupid shit on the forums or server chat. The most effective method of change is through your peers, but like I've said before I think it's just easier to blame the server rather than admit some responsibility for one's own actions.
Old 08-19-2014, 09:33 AM
Banned

I disagree
Closed Thread