Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2017, 07:26 AM
Fire Giant

Lol telleron did the same to me..asked for a ride from ec tunnel to ej, he said 40p please...told him np I like saving plat...dude should let the donations flow...

He would make more in the long run
Old 06-18-2017, 08:08 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by branamil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Paying up front is better so you can run away as soon as you land without waiting for some noob to load
^This. Why do you bums wait till you zone to pay anyways? Do you think they're going to leave you or somehow make it take longer since you paid up front?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanvarin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A quick search for druids led me to one that was happy to pick me up for whatever I deemed the trip was worth. I gave him 70p just to spite Hopwil.

I'll be sharing my recent foul experiences with everyone I know."

I'm gonna pay Hopwil 100 plat today for telling you to fuck off
Old 06-18-2017, 09:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanvarin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The following is a message to Tuppak after the new and "improved" rules of dial a port have many of them asking for specific payment up front:

"I have used Dial loyally for many years and was even a member for a long while. I will not be using it anymore unless things change fast.

I just got cussed out by one of your druids when I told them that I could find another ride after he asked me for 60p straight up. It's not that I am not willing to pay 60p... it's that I'm not about to have some 40 druid port-bitch tell me how much I owe him straight up then spit in my face when I tell him no. A quick search for druids led me to one that was happy to pick me up for whatever I deemed the trip was worth. I gave him 70p just to spite Hopwil.

I'll be sharing my recent foul experiences with everyone I know."
No one gives a shit. Pay the 60p or find a port somewhere else. The guild is around to make plat. Not a soup kitchen for the poor.
Old 06-18-2017, 10:05 AM
Sarnak

I empathize with the porters. You can make a lot more money camping somewhere and getting exp while doing it. If you don't make it worth their time why should they bother porting?
Old 06-18-2017, 10:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbosilk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I empathize with the porters. You can make a lot more money camping somewhere and getting exp while doing it. If you don't make it worth their time why should they bother porting?
If they could make more plat elsewhere while getting XP too, then they must value some part of the porting for plat situation more than higher plat + XP ... or else they wouldn't be trying to port for plat.

Go read some Ludvig von Mises.
Old 06-18-2017, 11:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If they could make more plat elsewhere while getting XP too, then they must value some part of the porting for plat situation more than higher plat + XP ... or else they wouldn't be trying to port for plat.

Go read some Ludvig von Mises.
it's a matter of convenience. With porting, you can log in for 15 mins, and port for plat. Or, you can port for 5 mins, go afk 10 mins, port again etc.

It's not necessarily more lucrative to port than grouping at a decent camp or solo mob grinding, it's just a convenient way to make money without a lot of time invested in setting up a group or finding an open camp. That's it.
Old 06-18-2017, 11:38 AM
Banned

A Wose is a hairy wildman of the woods

or it's a sentient tree, akin to an evil ent.
Old 06-18-2017, 12:23 PM
Planar Protector

Thank you all for your continued support for DaP.

Sav good luck in your adventures as from my sources your time here is short. Maybe TAKP or P02 will welcome you and your shenanigans. Also thank you for giving me an interesting read this morning to catch up on the 3 extra pages of chit chat.

/me waves

A

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 06-18-2017, 12:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it's a matter of convenience. With porting, you can log in for 15 mins, and port for plat. Or, you can port for 5 mins, go afk 10 mins, port again etc.

It's not necessarily more lucrative to port than grouping at a decent camp or solo mob grinding, it's just a convenient way to make money without a lot of time invested in setting up a group or finding an open camp. That's it.
Thanks for elaborating on what I just said, I guess? Lol [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-18-2017, 12:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for elaborating on what I just said, I guess? Lol [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I added clarity. You most welcome. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread