Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2013, 03:49 AM
Sarnak

Lightbulb Keen Eyes Needed

Please give feedback for:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gkfVrJfOzQ

Too fast? Too slow? Too much going on? Anything you see please let me know, it's a draft for a project I'm working on.
Old 12-18-2013, 04:37 AM
Planar Protector

nice work [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-18-2013, 05:01 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
nice work [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks. Any suggestions?
Old 12-18-2013, 05:59 AM
Planar Protector

looked good to me nothing I can think of
Old 12-18-2013, 07:10 AM
Kobold

Imo slow it down just a tad. The 5-10 seconds area is a little clustered. Otherwise, nice job!
Old 12-18-2013, 07:18 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badwar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Imo slow it down just a tad. The 5-10 seconds area is a little clustered. Otherwise, nice job!
Thank you, I heard that from someone else as well. Will do.
Old 12-18-2013, 09:43 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

It looks great and the message is clear, but there are additional spots where it is a little fast. 15-18 seconds is a pretty quick transition for someone to read that isn't a fast reader. I consider myself to have an above average reading speed, and I think for the average reader it is probably a tad fast. I think if you extended the video from 28 seconds to about 35 seconds you would be right on the money.

The "So what if you had a chance" bit also seems to be a bit of a longer pause than the rest of the wording through the video. I guess maybe shorten that a tad (1s / 1.5s?) and extend the 15-18 second range and the 5-10 second range.

Maybe have a 12 year old kid watch it and repeat the content back to you to see if he can take in the information at that speed. Judging by the speed at which my step son (9) reads, I would anticipate that in about 3 years he would have "average" reading speed and comprehension.
Old 12-18-2013, 01:54 PM
Sarnak

At :08 there's a flash frame or two of something that pops up under "to twelve".

"So what if you had the chance" stays on the screen way longer than the text directly following it, which is to fast. I'd split the difference. The "so what if you had a chance" part also has a lack of motion to the rest of the video once it's on screen.. Maybe key it to shrink ever so slightly so it keeps the flow going.

Otherwise, smooth job.
Old 12-18-2013, 02:40 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agno [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It looks great and the message is clear, but there are additional spots where it is a little fast. 15-18 seconds is a pretty quick transition for someone to read that isn't a fast reader. I consider myself to have an above average reading speed, and I think for the average reader it is probably a tad fast. I think if you extended the video from 28 seconds to about 35 seconds you would be right on the money.

The "So what if you had a chance" bit also seems to be a bit of a longer pause than the rest of the wording through the video. I guess maybe shorten that a tad (1s / 1.5s?) and extend the 15-18 second range and the 5-10 second range.

Maybe have a 12 year old kid watch it and repeat the content back to you to see if he can take in the information at that speed. Judging by the speed at which my step son (9) reads, I would anticipate that in about 3 years he would have "average" reading speed and comprehension.
Thank you! I will do that.
Old 12-18-2013, 02:40 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At :08 there's a flash frame or two of something that pops up under "to twelve".

"So what if you had the chance" stays on the screen way longer than the text directly following it, which is to fast. I'd split the difference. The "so what if you had a chance" part also has a lack of motion to the rest of the video once it's on screen.. Maybe key it to shrink ever so slightly so it keeps the flow going.

Otherwise, smooth job.
Good advice, thank you. Staring at it 500 times over a day makes you miss important things like that.