Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2014, 06:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeallunRumblebelly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Complete removal of variance would cause a zerg fte fuckfest worse than we have seen even on low window vs pre extended Windows, but it would be the option most friendly to casual and hard core raider alike. Just have the mob spawn with someone targeted like it used to be and play fte lottery .
Certainly would be less consuming on each individuals time. Guilds would know when to stay the hell out of Hate if they don't want to be accidentally trained and arent interested / capable of doing Inny. For example.

I still like the idea of setting everyone in random zones. Or even just insta-poofing everyone in zone (including anyone who happens to be logged) to the succor point and then watching the resulting trainwreck to see who can get FTE without then dumping a train on themselves / someone else and eating a raid suspension.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Old 10-30-2014, 06:33 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeallunRumblebelly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Complete removal of variance would cause a zerg fte fuckfest worse than we have seen even on low window vs pre extended Windows, but it would be the option most friendly to casual and hard core raider alike. Just have the mob spawn with someone targeted like it used to be and play fte lottery .
You're wrong. I love you, but there are rules that would stop this...2 tracker rule who can't fte etc. All you need at that point is "IF guild has more than 3 players at spawn in zone they forfeit their opportunity".
Old 10-30-2014, 06:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're wrong. I love you, but there are rules that would stop this...2 tracker rule who can't fte etc. All you need at that point is "IF guild has more than 3 players at spawn in zone they forfeit their opportunity".
I'm not saying it's the only answer. I'm saying it is an answer and a very simple (and classic) compromise. Turns raiding into a slot machine but at least then it wouldn't be time consuming.
Old 10-30-2014, 06:44 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
I'm not saying it's the only answer. I'm saying it is an answer and a very simple (and classic) compromise. Turns raiding into a slot machine but at least then it wouldn't be time consuming.
It's Kunark and it's almost over. We have a system of races now that is the funnest part of the game for most of us. Drop the Variance as much as possible and let people race before Velious releases.
Old 10-30-2014, 06:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's Kunark and it's almost over. We have a system of races now that is the funnest part of the game for most of us. Drop the Variance as much as possible and let people race before Velious releases.
This.
Old 10-30-2014, 07:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
This is true. Can't really complain.
Old 10-30-2014, 07:23 PM
Sarnak

or just do what most servers did on live. new content is FFA. once more than 1 guild is killing new content start it on rotation. lower guilds earn their 'shot' at entering rotation by killing pre determined targets. so easy, no drama, no retardation. then server repops are a FFA race fest.

this psudo competition is pretty silly. it really isnt even competition when you get down to the details of it all.
Old 10-30-2014, 07:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicemace [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
or just do what most servers did on live. new content is FFA. once more than 1 guild is killing new content start it on rotation. lower guilds earn their 'shot' at entering rotation by killing pre determined targets. so easy, no drama, no retardation. then server repops are a FFA race fest.

this psudo competition is pretty silly. it really isnt even competition when you get down to the details of it all.
It's insanity

Not competition

the sock has been going for years on this server. The sock has become this server's worst enemy. It has become this entity, this Thing. It can no longer be controlled, consuming many lives in it's wake. Burning down players left and right. Back when we were creating the sock because of fags and their egos, I knew it would turn into this monster. It's never going to stop. Some ahole always has to find some way to get over on some other ahole and pee in his wheaties. It's just Human Nature.

This server isn't even remotely Classic anymore. It's become this mutant version of EQ where if you don't dedicate your entire life for precious pixels you suck at this game.

Pride/Ego is a helluva drug
Last edited by G13; 10-30-2014 at 07:40 PM..
Old 10-30-2014, 07:58 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by G13 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's insanity

Not competition

the sock has been going for years on this server. The sock has become this server's worst enemy. It has become this entity, this Thing. It can no longer be controlled, consuming many lives in it's wake. Burning down players left and right. Back when we were creating the sock because of fags and their egos, I knew it would turn into this monster. It's never going to stop. Some ahole always has to find some way to get over on some other ahole and pee in his wheaties. It's just Human Nature.

This server isn't even remotely Classic anymore. It's become this mutant version of EQ where if you don't dedicate your entire life for precious pixels you suck at this game.

Pride/Ego is a helluva drug
This is the fuckin truth. I just don't understand how the class c guilds even remotely have fun spending god knows how many hours waiting for pops. The worst part is they don't even need those drops.
Old 10-30-2014, 08:19 PM
Fire Giant

Casting my vote for spawns-per-month system instead of windows! Always been my preference, forcing people to prioritize. The big guilds (IB, TMO and, yes, BDA too) can't cover everything. You're forced to prioritize, and the more competition there is for a given mob the more you should maybe shift focus a little instead of jumping into an arms race over it...

Myuharin <Force of Will> & Myuharin the Revenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth View Post
6 hybrids in one group.. i believe you may actually LOSE experience per kill.
Closed Thread