Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2015, 11:43 AM
Sarnak

Default P90X3

On day 2, and it sucks ass. Not used to it. I can do push up workouts, use free weights, and the machines @ the gym - yet never truly worked my core.

Wife has been living P90 series for over 4 years now - has the original and just got the 90X3 shorter one so it doesn't take as long.

So I decided WTH - I'll try it every morning for 30 minutes just to see what happens.

This damn thing is kicking my core's ass. It hurts in my abs to even cough. Argh.

Only 12 weeks and 3 days to go....God help me!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-06-2015, 12:31 PM
Planar Protector

P90X is a great system. All that I can say is I hope you're ready to commit to that lifestyle. Worst thing you can possibly do is quit after a week or two.

Good luck with the real life gains!
Old 01-06-2015, 11:45 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah I am going to start that shit when I move. Right now I rather not piss off my downstairs neighbor.
Old 01-07-2015, 11:00 AM
Sarnak

Day 3 was yoga....not to bad.
Old 01-07-2015, 12:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxHound [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah I am going to start that shit when I move. Right now I rather not piss off my downstairs neighbor.
Probably a good idea. There's a lot of jumping around involved when you do Kenpo X lol.

Yoga was definitely one of my favorite days. Felt real damn good to stretch after some of those days.
Old 01-07-2015, 02:40 PM
Fire Giant

Question, after you finish the program, how do you maintain?
Old 01-07-2015, 02:46 PM
Banned

A 5x5 strength program (any of them really, they are mostly the same) will give you better results that last longer and take less time from your day. It also doesn't cause nearly as much burnout and thus is much easier to commit to. I'd suggest looking into Bill Starr, Mark Rippetoe or even stronglifts if you want an idea of how it works.

I see this p90x fad thing a lot and it is sort of weird people see it as legit. It is pretty much the epitome of workout "Fads". Not trying to cause issues, honestly, but it doesn't hurt to throw out some free advice to people. Most of the time I charge for this sort of advice.
Old 01-07-2015, 04:57 PM
Sarnak

I'm not so much worried about maintain for now vs. I will finish the 13 block program. One step at a time.

P90X is a "fad" to most, but just like any work out fad, if done it does work.

As stated above my wife has been doing it religiously for over 4 years now. Prob longer if you ask her. She loves to work out. It's her drug of choice I suppose. The P90 series gives her a regiment to follow. She also has some yoga series from some chick that does it too and she switches between one qtr of P90, then to the Yoga chick, then to the new P90X3, then back to the original P90 focused on stregth, etc....

I've always admired how well her core is maintain, and quite frankly she has a better body/ass than most 25+ year olds out there - considering she is 44 that's a huge plus for me. Plus her being limber as hell makes it nice too!

So - back to me....my 40's are catching up to me, my core sucks ass, I'm pushing 205 and should be at 180. My gut shows it - I've got handles for the first time in my life. So I'll see where this and my new "healthier" diet leads me.

More to come!
Old 01-07-2015, 05:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peatree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not so much worried about maintain for now vs. I will finish the 13 block program. One step at a time.

P90X is a "fad" to most, but just like any work out fad, if done it does work.

As stated above my wife has been doing it religiously for over 4 years now. Prob longer if you ask her. She loves to work out. It's her drug of choice I suppose. The P90 series gives her a regiment to follow. She also has some yoga series from some chick that does it too and she switches between one qtr of P90, then to the Yoga chick, then to the new P90X3, then back to the original P90 focused on stregth, etc....

I've always admired how well her core is maintain, and quite frankly she has a better body/ass than most 25+ year olds out there - considering she is 44 that's a huge plus for me. Plus her being limber as hell makes it nice too!

So - back to me....my 40's are catching up to me, my core sucks ass, I'm pushing 205 and should be at 180. My gut shows it - I've got handles for the first time in my life. So I'll see where this and my new "healthier" diet leads me.

More to come!
No wonder your working out. She gonna leave your ass for a 25 year old with a 6pack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-12-2015, 05:14 PM
Sarnak

Finished week 1! Now onto week 2, which is a repeat of week 1? Crap!