Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 04-27-2012, 07:12 PM
Planar Protector

Default Wireshark doesn't like the login server much

So I have been having really bad connection problems recently and I decided to take a look at the packets. This is a snapshot from Wireshark.

http://postimage.org/image/tgksyl981/full/

192.168.0.16 is me, 67.23.190.75 is our beloved server. Now I don't claim to be an internet expert or super familiar with the P1999 code, but that looks bad. I'm also getting a ton of 'dup acks' and 'rsts' and such.

In the game this manifests itself as 'large warp detected' and a general failure to log on.

Now my first assumption was that this was all on my end, but I had a friend do this too and he claimed wireshark was unhappy with P1999 as well. So I'm curious to see what other people or our devs think. If you want to run this test, download and run wireshark and connected to P1999. Make sure to close every other program that uses the network in order keep the results clean.
Old 04-29-2012, 09:56 PM
Aviak

I tried it and my Wireshark capture looks fairly clean except for when I zone I get about 1/3 of a page of that junk. I never crash while zoning.

So if you're seeing that all the time then I guess you're on to something...