Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2015, 12:16 PM
Planar Protector

Default Mage pet quad attack

What level do mage pets start quad attacking (not including bash, kick)?
Old 05-29-2015, 12:19 PM
Planar Protector

http://wiki.project1999.com/Magician#Pet_Information

It's different depending on pet type. Look at when they gain double attack. Then when they can dual wield with weapons and when they can dual wield innately.

They can quad when DA and DW are both available.
Old 05-29-2015, 12:24 PM
Planar Protector

Interesting. So a water pet at level 29 (two summoned daggers equipped) should be able to quad but the best I've seen ever from lvl 34 and below with all pets is a double attack (primary) and a single (offhand), with a bash or kick.

Thanks Daldaen!
Last edited by dafier; 05-29-2015 at 12:30 PM..
Old 05-29-2015, 12:35 PM
Planar Protector

I'm pretty sure they should be able to quad just extremely rarely. Because it needs to meet the DW check and DA check twice.

The Mage epic pet definitely quads like its its job though. Shame the staff is always going to be rare as hell.
Old 05-29-2015, 12:49 PM
Planar Protector

Well...........

If you are referring to the Staff of Elemental Mastery: Earth. When Hate 2.0 is released, it will drop more often. It should at least because on Live, they finally fixed that single bottle neck for mage epics. (Also a major reason I never got my epic in Kunark on live. I got it after Hate 2.0. I saw, on average, about* 1 staff per month)

As for extremely rare for quad hitting. LOL, I think that is an understatement. I remember on Live my 44+ pets quad hitting often, but I don't recall seeing it at lower levels, hence why I asked the initial question.
Old 05-29-2015, 01:05 PM
Planar Protector

Drop more often yea but still will be stupidly rare as 90% of mages only need that to finish their epic, it has a PH, a long spawn time and drops uncommonly. Still going to be an enormous bottle neck unfortunately.
Old 05-29-2015, 01:10 PM
Planar Protector

Less of a bottle neck than Inny which has even a worse drop rate than Hate 2.0

Did you read my post in the Server Chat 'Hate 2.0'? I remember some things very well and believe I am hitting that either on the dot or just off to the side.

The ability for a mage to get their Epic is about to be MUCH better. Also, EVERY time Magi P'sai had the staff, you could visually see it. Therefore, when people would check for his spawn, he would be killed within minutes if not that hour.

I got my staff at 1am local time (dont remember date), and about 1 hour later I was in PoS memorizing the only level 46 spell in the game. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-09-2015, 02:21 PM
Planar Protector

Update regarding subject:

My level 44 pet (spell at level 44) quads a noticeable amount more than all previous. I did see the level 39 pet quad maybe 1% of the time.

I believe Burnout increases the chance of quads because of Haste, and the reason is simple; faster melee attacks thus you see more melee occurring, in general.
Closed Thread