Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2015, 11:19 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Chanter research question.

Okay. Lvl 17 chanter here. Having trouble with spell research.
I have the tome,and am trying to research the spell, mesmerization. According to the wiki,I need page 26 of Tasarains grimoire on both th3 left and right sides. So I found 2 pages (parts of pages actually ) put them in place and I get a message that days I cannot combine those items in this container.
After lengthy Internet research, I've found no solid answers so I've come here hoping some kind soul can help lead the way.
Thanks in advance[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-08-2015, 03:42 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Make sure you have the left and right halves. I way over thought it at first thinking I'd have to cast identify or something. Turns out all I had to do was look at the page icon to determine left versus right.
Old 06-08-2015, 03:45 PM
Planar Protector

Make sure you have the correct container type. Enchanter research goes into a Tome of Endless Enchantments. It's only available at two specific merchants, so unless you remember finding them to buy the tome, then you might be using the wrong one.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 06-08-2015, 04:21 PM
Decaying Skeleton

So it says in th2 description. I dont remember seeing it but I will.check that when I get home.
I'm sure I got th3 right book Tome of Endless Enchantments. ThanKS though for everyone's replies. Need all the help I can get [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-08-2015, 05:09 PM
Planar Protector

As stated above:

1. Make sure you are using the two different pages. Their icons should show which half they are by where the rip is in the item icon.
2. Make sure you're using the correct container. (Time of Endless Enchantments), not the Concordance of Research or another classes book.
3. Make sure you trained Research at your guild trainer. At your level, you're skill capped to 15, which is what you get defaulted to after putting 1 point into the skill. I'm pretty sure you need atleast 1 point in before it will allow you to do combines.
Old 06-09-2015, 03:25 PM
Decaying Skeleton

It was th3 pages themselves. I didnt realize the graphic in the description told you what siDe of the page it was supposed to be.
Thanks to everyone who responded . This is a great community
Closed Thread