Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2015, 05:01 PM
Sarnak

Default Chanter epic even worth it at 60?

Wondering if sock ing verina and vessel are even worth it for speed of the shissar. Spending countless hours at these spawns with competition is a huge waste of time.
Old 06-09-2015, 05:02 PM
Planar Protector

hmm manaless haste and good stats. gee i wonder.
Old 06-09-2015, 05:06 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseRed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hmm manaless haste and good stats. gee i wonder.
No one wants SoS though, at 60 they want vog.
Old 06-09-2015, 05:09 PM
Planar Protector

When you're mobilizing for a critical target, the recast time on VoG can be a burden. It's also easier to haste bind rushing melees with SoS since you can still cast it with zero mana.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 06-09-2015, 09:00 PM
Aviak

Honestly I cast it on noobs more than in raiding situations, which alone makes it worthwhile. However, you just need to be on one time sensitive CR in a raid to make the epic worthwhile. Also provides you with a mana free junk buff at times. Waste of time? Definitely not. Substantial time investment with payout not equal to investing at other camps? Probably. Just depends on how you play.
Old 06-09-2015, 09:23 PM
Planar Protector

Besides, what else can you put in that slot with anything close to the same stats?
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 06-10-2015, 10:27 AM
Planar Protector

First: Heck ya it's worth it. Because all epics in this game are by far the best in slot item even throughout Velious.

Second: The clicky alone is a mana saver and well worth it in raids. Initial VoG, yes, but recovery or quick "Here you go" buff, is a simple click on the snake.
Old 06-10-2015, 10:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzor84 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wondering if sock ing verina and vessel are even worth it for speed of the shissar. Spending countless hours at these spawns with competition is a huge waste of time.
That's why you don't camp it.

You just bind there and solo them when sim repops happen. Get yourself a wand of allure, and a reaper of the dead. Don't bother trying to slow either of them, just charm pets, and use wand on breaks, keep yourself runed, haste+weaponize pets, and use Reaper CH on yourself/pet if required.

Though they are level 60 mobs, DWing hasted level 50 NPCs handle them quite well.

Honestly though I've never understood the VoG lust on this server. 25 DEX and 20 ATK. Meh. That isn't make or break for anyone. It's a nice buff to get before a camp out For a raid mob to maximize DPS and have full duration. But for a planar raid where you're there for 3 hours, you're better pulling more mobs letting enchanter use mana to CC and keeping pullers in camp while they add DPS to offset the 1 DPS people gain with that 20 ATK/25DEX.

Enchanter epic haste is boss. Can't wait til I can click mine $$$.
Old 06-10-2015, 10:56 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's why you don't camp it.

You just bind there and solo them when sim repops happen. Get yourself a wand of allure, and a reaper of the dead. Don't bother trying to slow either of them, just charm pets, and use wand on breaks, keep yourself runed, haste+weaponize pets, and use Reaper CH on yourself/pet if required.

Though they are level 60 mobs, DWing hasted level 50 NPCs handle them quite well.

Honestly though I've never understood the VoG lust on this server. 25 DEX and 20 ATK. Meh. That isn't make or break for anyone. It's a nice buff to get before a camp out For a raid mob to maximize DPS and have full duration. But for a planar raid where you're there for 3 hours, you're better pulling more mobs letting enchanter use mana to CC and keeping pullers in camp while they add DPS to offset the 1 DPS people gain with that 20 ATK/25DEX.

Enchanter epic haste is boss. Can't wait til I can click mine $$$.
This isn't a bad idea. I imagine charming a trooper for vessel, but there's only dark green guards around verina. Just keep throwing st her? Also that CH...reaper could work but isn't it pretty pricey?
Last edited by Rayzor84; 06-10-2015 at 10:58 AM..
Old 06-10-2015, 11:25 AM
Planar Protector

If you solo, its by far one of the best things to have in your arsenal. Let pets die, quickly recharm and free rehaste another - endless slaying / exp.
Closed Thread