Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 05:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrooge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Chrono Trigger > Final Fantasy imo
Nah...You beat Chrono Trigger, and you're like...that's all?

Final Fantasy had a lot more depth - particularly 7 and 3 (US #'s). Also, FF for the Nintendo was a very revolutionary game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messianic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nah...You beat Chrono Trigger, and you're like...that's all?
And then you find the New Game+ button.

I like Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy 3 (6) because of the load of side quests available. Those always did it for me.
Serilis - 60 Wizard
Decisive - 60 Bard
Winsloe - 60 Rogue
Zaggasauarus - 27 Necro
Old 02-02-2011, 08:36 PM
Planar Protector

Well, Chrono Trigger had 13 different endings, not to mention time travel and unique character combos, among other things. Most FF games were rather linear as far as I remember, though I do like FF6 and 7 also, 9 was ok too.
DAOC Class Descriptions by Crith (for all 3 realms, with some comparisons to EQ classes)
DAOC: Uthgard Revamp (old thread with some useful info)
"Sometimes a Majority means, that most fools are on the same side"
Old 02-04-2011, 10:39 AM
Kobold

Its between this, Star Ocean 2, and Lufia 2 for me. Le sigh.
Old 02-04-2011, 05:26 PM
Fire Giant

Suikoden 2 is one of the top 3 greatest RPGs ever. Suikoden 1 was awesome as well but its doesnt compare to 2. I wish I could get my hands on another copy. I bought a copy years ago for 70 bux my dick head fucking idiot brother traded it in to GAMESTOP for 18 bucks. I still have not forgiven him.

Oh and WHY the fuck is suikoden 1 and not 2 only on PSN?
Old 02-05-2011, 04:17 PM
Fire Giant

Suikoden 1 - Played in MANY times, will continue to play it MANY more.
Suikoden 2 - Even better than 1, so I guess you understand what happens next.
Suikoden 3 - Almost a full change of the game, except for the 108 character deal, still enjoyable.
Suikoden 4 - This game was "one" of the worst of the series, after I 100% the game, I kept it on the memory card, and will not touch it again.
Suikoden Tactics - Ever play a hard "tactics" game? Well this is it, holy fucking shit is this one of the hardest I've ever played.
Suikoden 5 - Still in the process of playing, not much of a console player anymore, but it seems to be more of an extension of 3 (not the story, the gamestyle), but the story is a lot better.
Suikoden Tierkreis (DS version) - This one is hands down the WORST installment of the series. I still hold on to it, because it's a suikoden game regardless of how terrible it is.

oh I neglected to mention something...

I noticed that with these games, it's all in the same world/universe. So you'll catch glimpses, stories and flashbacks of characters from previous versions of the game. Not many games actually do this, they just recreate a whole game in another world (final fantasy). Don't get me wrong, I love those games too, but it's pretty damn awesome how they can incorporate these games into the same world.

Seriously, every time I see a fucking thread like this OH MYGOD THEY HAD 14 PEOPLE ITS OUR MOB LOL OURS OURS OURS YESSS I just want to fucking deathtouch the entire guild and despawn the mob.
Last edited by Gorgetrapper; 02-05-2011 at 04:19 PM..
Old 02-05-2011, 04:19 PM
Fire Giant

Mass Effect 2 > Suikoden 2

Earthbound is better also.
Old 02-05-2011, 04:40 PM
Fire Giant

Mass Effect 2 is a piece of garbage.

Earthbound however, is pretty damn good.

Seriously, every time I see a fucking thread like this OH MYGOD THEY HAD 14 PEOPLE ITS OUR MOB LOL OURS OURS OURS YESSS I just want to fucking deathtouch the entire guild and despawn the mob.
Old 02-06-2011, 04:57 PM
Fire Giant

snes rpgs were the pinnacle of great rpgs. What other console can boast as many great rpgs

Chrono Trigger
Final fantasy 2 and 3
Earthbound
Secret of Mana
Secret of Evermore
Lufia 2 Rise of The Sinistrals
Super Mario RPG
Illusion of Gaia
7th saga
Breath of Fire 1 and 2.

I mean cmon look at that list theres no competition. I know im forgetting some I almost forgot super mario rpg and illusion of gaia.
Old 02-06-2011, 05:27 PM
Kobold

I am really enjoying suikoden 2 so far. The combat/character system for me is fresh and unique so it's sitting pretty with both good combat and good story.

I really can't say I enjoy the TBS parts so far though. Perhaps if I get more options on things to do it will get better but I am not too hopeful.

edit------

yeah mass effect 2 is pretty boring. ME1 is great though.
Closed Thread