Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 08-14-2011, 02:09 PM
Skeleton

Default Guard Cloten - Psychopath?

I was playing my Human mage in East Karana the other night. As often happens, I got over my head and had to run to the settlement near the bridge to unload a mob on the guards. I have done this many times with no issues, however that time the guard was "Guard Cloten". He conned 'kindly' to me, just like all the other guards. However, when I approached him, he immediately went hostile, ignored the mob, and killed me. I wrote it off as a fluke, but later as I ran out of one of the buildings after selling, I happened to wander by him and he agroed and killed me AGAIN. After recovering my body for the second time, I conned him again and he was still 'kindly'. I've just been giving him a wide berth now, and it doesn't seem to be an issue with any other guard NPC in the zone. Is this a known bug or is he just an asshole and the game is working as intended? PS: I am postive I did not attack him or do anything in any way, shape, or form to agro him.
Old 08-14-2011, 04:34 PM
Developer

I can't reproduce this, so need more data. Race/class/deity of your char? Any pet involved? What type of mob did you try to drag to him? The second time he killed you, you had no aggro on you, correct?
Old 08-14-2011, 07:06 PM
Skeleton

I am a human mage. The first time I believe I was dragging a crag spider to him. I ran to the other guard and she wouldn't help for some reason. Then I saw Cloten off to the west a bit so i ran to him, BAM. Killed me. Later that day I just happened to run by him after selling, and he killed me again. Both times he conned friendly before and after the incident. I did have my pet out both times, but I didn't tell him to attack or anything. Also, I'm agnostic.