Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 12:40 AM
Fire Giant

Default Most solid duo for Kunark and Velious

Search yields a bunch of threads about what class duos best with X class, etc. A couple of weeks ago there was a thread about the best solo class for beyond classic. I brought up my question there, but didn't want to jack the thread for my similar but different question:

For the expansions that will be the scople of this server beyond classic (Kunark and Velious) what is the best duo?

I leave "best" open to interpretation. For my own part, I would tend to define that as a duo that can efficiently kill for both experience and camping named mobs, particularly in dungeons.

The reason I ask is, my GF and I play here together....Our mains are a Warrior and Cleric. We are having fun and plan to stick with those toons as our mains, but there are times that we just dont feel like grouping or dealing with the limitations of those specialized classes...We would like to be able to just go blow off some steam together as a duo, be it for exp or camping items, etc. And we would like the duo to continue to have legs in future content here.

She has been leaning towards a Mage, in which case I would probably go with a Shaman, Necro or Enchanter (in that order), but from what I've been reading there may be more effective combos that don't include Mages after Kunark comes out and beyond. We are flexible, really, and have the advantage of being able to run a perma-duo together...We just want to hear some thoughts about class selection before we make a choice.

I was around from release on, but never really soloed or duoed much with any class in those eras, so I would be interested to hear what others' experiences were like. If you and a friend were going to make a duo specificly for kunark and velious content, what classes would you choose?
Old 05-31-2010, 12:45 AM
Fire Giant

Monk / Shaman is probably the best combo for duoing imo.

You get the versatility of shamsn dots/DDs, heals, buffs, slow, SoW, pet dmg, Free JBB and epic dmg.

Monks have high DPS, can tank fairly well non raid targets especially when target is slowed. single pull named.
Old 05-31-2010, 12:50 AM
Fire Giant

mage / cleric
the mage pet is damn uber (especially the epic pet), the mage has sick DPS too, the cleric has a nice regen and still his complete heal, and can lull and root and stuff..
imho the best combo outthere, classic kunark and velious!

necro / shamy can be neat too, but still not as good as mage / cleric (and im a necro myself! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.])

my opinion

[50 Warrior] Rumzuck Umbatsch (Ogre) <Remedy>
[34 Druid] Vito Corleone (Wood Elf) <Europa>
[35 Necromancer] Torak (Dark Elf) <Europa>
[13 Shadow Knight] Rumzerg (Dark Elf) <Europa>

EQEmuLauncher
Have your files up to date, switch between servers nice and easy, and more!
http://moestaverne.com/

Old 05-31-2010, 01:52 AM
Sarnak

tbh I don't think mage/cleric would be best. The DPS would lack for grinding vs necro/shaman or shaman/monk. Also mana would be an issue.
Old 05-31-2010, 02:05 AM
Aviak

Mage + Shaman and SK + Shaman are both excellent. You pretty much always want a shaman because of their versatility and mages are excellent DPS and a tank (the pet) at the same time, plus a damage shield and all sort of summoned utility items. Mage + Shaman offers great dps, slow, efficient heals, buffs, and CC (root or pet offtanking).

I /veto the cleric combos because Clerics are too one dimensional. Outside of root and lull, they don't offer much beyond their core features.
Old 05-31-2010, 02:11 AM
Orc

argh
Old 05-31-2010, 02:24 AM
Fire Giant

Monk/Shaman is a power house i can't wait to duo with one!
Darklotus [60 Rogue]
Cranial [55 Necro]
Cheechx [52 Ranger]
Chongi [52 Mage]
Dreadlord [44 Shadowknight]
Old 05-31-2010, 02:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyFuj [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
tbh I don't think mage/cleric would be best. The DPS would lack for grinding vs necro/shaman or shaman/monk. Also mana would be an issue.
i disagree ...

mage cleric is insane combo, i played it on live ... with mod rods and lvl 60 mana is no issue at all, you can mod rod both chars to 70%+ mana quite quickly ...
Old 05-31-2010, 02:52 AM
Kobold

Default re

Hands down Enchanter / Druid
Old 05-31-2010, 02:53 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uaellaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i disagree ...

mage cleric is insane combo, i played it on live ... with mod rods and lvl 60 mana is no issue at all, you can mod rod both chars to 70%+ mana quite quickly ...
ok but you still lack the dps..
Closed Thread