Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2017, 02:14 PM
Fire Giant

thank you all for your answers - even Tassador, I guess I understand your point now.

i do understand that the server is supposed to be the PvP server, not the "let's kill some random dragon" server, and I like PvP is also one of the reason I join don't worry [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] i thought that this part would be obvious, here being the Red server and all - but i do understand your point.

then in bullet point:

- this is not for nostalgia factor, as I have never killed them, never seen them, never been anywhere near them
- it doesn't have to be particularly "fun" or "climatic" or anything - just being in the room and watching the dragon fight and die and me being there slinging some spells or whatever will be more than enough
- i don't want to roll on anything or win any loot i couldn't care less ^^ i will probably quit the game forever once it's done

simply put, let's say this is for me to stop this addiction i have about EQ that makes me come back every 4 month to play for a bit, then realize i should probably do something else with my life in some kind of kafkaesque perma loop.

i was 15 when i played in 99 and my imaginary was struck by the goal to kill legendary dragons in deep dangerous caves, like many of us. however i never got to that point and that dreambox in my brain has never been closed and put into some "nostalgia/good memories" corner.

this is what i want to do, and i was wondering if i could do that on red.
reasons being:
- pop is mostly 53+ so maybe they are less hunted than on blue
- xp bonus means i can 52 faster
- and for tassador: because i like red and pvp

the answer seems to be somewhat yes-ish but it's not gonna be that easy? it's kinda hard figuring out from all your answers lol. but it looks like it tends towards yes more than no, so i'll keep it up for a while and see where it goes.

character name is kana (human druid), feel free to insult me in-game, or PK me or whatever you guys do to each other [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

cheers ++
Old 03-24-2017, 02:28 PM
Banned

Its a video game, not a second mortgage on your house. Log in. Join a guild. Do what you want and quit.
Old 03-24-2017, 02:42 PM
Fire Giant

is it my fault that asking simple questions without context brings only trolls and unintelligible answers and that asking more thorough questions with a long context brings all the "shut up do whatever i don't wanna read your story" comments? hehe - there is never a perfect in between.
Last edited by Nagoya; 03-24-2017 at 02:55 PM..
Old 03-24-2017, 02:56 PM
Banned

You are going to join a group who does this every week. They are going to kill it in under a minute with 0 trouble and they aren't going to let you even look at the loot. After putting in a couple days played on your first character to be able to experience this you will be severely disappointed.
Old 03-24-2017, 03:58 PM
Banned

just pull it into the skarlon hallway and solo it with a 52 character, nice custom feature
Old 03-24-2017, 03:59 PM
Fire Giant

You'll accomplish your goal much easier on red. Don't have to beg the top tier guilds for a chance at killing the dragon two months down the road. The dragons sit up for weeks at a time -- it will happen and maybe you'll like red despite itself.
Old 03-24-2017, 04:10 PM
Fire Giant

sounds good to me thx guys [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hipponipple, your description is pretty much exactly what i want to do, so i wouldn't be disappointed if it is exactly how it happens [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] i guess i could be disappointed if somehow i die in the process and don't even see it die? lol -- but that's pretty much it.

aight that's all i needed to know [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] thx red for the answers ++
Old 03-24-2017, 05:19 PM
Planar Protector

Reds good forums should be closed down and global ooc chat channel closed down and people would probably never think it is super toxic.

Lots of good content to enjoy. I never killed dragons on live so all the high level content on eq is fun to me too
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 03-24-2017, 05:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Reds good forums should be closed down and global ooc chat channel closed down and people would probably never think it is super toxic.

Lots of good content to enjoy. I never killed dragons on live so all the high level content on eq is fun to me too
Sorry dude but you're a simpleton and dont think about the over all picture. The point of red is pvp with Nilly and Empire it became sort of a pixel lust. The problem is avoid the forum toxic for what? To play with guys feeding their 17th alt all while laughing at you?

shit needs a wipe not saying it will save the community, but it will drive pop for 6-8months until people get bored again.

bottom line on this thread is this guy doesnt give a fuck about pvp. he is coming here to kill a 32k hp mob and you guys are so desperate for any new players you jizz yourselfs.

Don't worry I have 6 so called blue forum accounts that I will be making new to red threads [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I'll be posting on Tass to tell the OP to fuck off too
Old 03-24-2017, 08:37 PM
Banned

Nagoya - please take into consideration most the people answering your questions have actual real life brain damage(from drugs/mental abuse), or are literally retarded. This is essentially a prison for your mind.
Closed Thread