Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2013, 07:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Then server should strive to recreate the same bugs. After all it's classic! I want my npc merchants to stand on top of the huts in East Commonlands.

And no the exp rate isn't casual, and the exp rate already being boosted destroys the IT IS CLASSIC argument. So again I ask why hybrids are penalized when Verant even admitted that was a dumb fucking idea to begin with.
I agree 100% just stating server policy
Old 08-19-2013, 09:37 PM
Sarnak

We could just time lock max char levels. Keep server max lvl 20 for 3 months, max lvl 30 for 3 months etc.

This would eliminate the issue Lovely outleveling everyone to 1 shot with Ice Comet before quitting when people start getting even levels.
2. item loot
3. teams
4. egg shaped pumice
5. racial faction loss
6. removal of exp loss on pvp death
7. pvp text (i like orange)
Old 08-19-2013, 09:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giovanni [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We could just time lock max char levels. Keep server max lvl 20 for 3 months, max lvl 30 for 3 months etc.

This would eliminate the issue Lovely outleveling everyone to 1 shot with Ice Comet before quitting when people start getting even levels.
in theory sounds cool but people would max level in one day and never be seen again til level cap raised.

kinda like the 100+ former nillys. get max level, get loot, quit. not sure whats more discouraging, everyone going to nilly for loots or everyone in nilly quitting after loots obtained.
Old 08-19-2013, 09:40 PM
Sarnak

Yeah lovely definitely won that game.

If a new server ever comes out, Max level time lock is 100% neccesary for maximum enjoyment. It simulates classic experience as much as possible, since in 1999 people just didn't know how to pwn the game like we do now.

Maxxing level 20 for a while would mean normal players aren't totally dusted and non competitive within the first week. If the guys hit 20 and /q they are going to be rusty and weaker than some guy who has been bombing around having fun the whole time.
Last edited by Yukahwa; 08-19-2013 at 09:52 PM..
Old 08-19-2013, 09:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseRed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
in theory sounds cool but people would max level in one day and never be seen again til level cap raised.

kinda like the 100+ former nillys. get max level, get loot, quit. not sure whats more discouraging, everyone going to nilly for loots or everyone in nilly quitting after loots obtained.
You are already max level in 1 day and not seen for months on end. This would not impeed your play style at all.
Old 08-19-2013, 10:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseRed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if everyone on the server had a job, it would be an even playing field [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I knew it was Obama's fault.

Quote:
I agree 100% just stating server policy
Oh ok gotcha. I just want to see more Paladins and Rangers on this server damnit.
Old 08-19-2013, 10:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by runlvlzero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You are already max level in 1 day and not seen for months on end. This would not impeed your play style at all.
ive never been max level, not sure what you talkin about lol
Old 08-20-2013, 02:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
ive never been max level, not sure what you talkin about lol
lol max level for your u ;p
Old 08-20-2013, 02:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runya [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A wipe will chase away more people that it will bring it
nah will enrich the pop without a hacker guild dominating the pop, but nihi and nihi wanna be's like yourself cant handle that.
Old 08-20-2013, 03:57 AM
Planar Protector

I wipe could save the server, a no wipe no change will however most definitly keep the server dead, i don't think anyone will bother with velious knowing its a 100 man zerg just doing everything and there's litteraly no reason to form a opposition as the population isn't large enough

The only fun you'll have in velious is the early days of lodizal pvp, thats about 1 hour per day, that's way more action then the server sees today though, but knowing nizzar he will field a 40 man zerg to get lodizal, and then no one will bother to pvp for it

EQ broken at its core, all you have to do is recruit everyone who doesn't have a job
Videos
Wipe it clean.
Closed Thread