Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 03:19 PM
Fire Giant

Default Are Iksar a viable warrior?

Obviously iksar wars can't use some of the best in slot items most notably Cobalt. The next best alternative for them appears to be the Legionnaire Scale set from plane of hate. The Legionaire Scale set gives 148 AC compared to 220 from Cobalt. Does the Iksar AC boost make up for this discrepancy? How much bonus AC do iksar get at 60? and finally is the velious warrior gear iksar usable?

Thanks
Old 02-17-2012, 03:47 PM
Banned

Really you'll be waiting for Velious to get your awesome iksar warrior armors.
Old 02-17-2012, 03:57 PM
Fire Giant

According to the Race armor bonus listed a ways down the thread posted here:

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ht=armor+class

the Iksar AC bonus was (level / 2) + 5 at some point in time.

Can anyone confirm this?
Old 02-19-2012, 12:37 AM
Planar Protector

I have a 53 Iksar warrior.

Legonnaire Scale is not in the game and likely will not be for some time. The question is what timeline is relevant: 11 months from Kunark Launch [the theory being that Verant simply slacked on implementing the planar armor for Iksars until there were a significant number of 55+ Iksars raging about not being in the game] or with Velious [the theory being that the Iksar hate armor is somehow part of Velious]. Personally I find the first theory far more reasonable and typical of Verant, but I don't think its an opinion shared by management. If you want to make an Iksar warrior/shadowknight, you'll be using sebilite scale (roughly equivalent AC values to crafted) at L60. So they won't be really awesome until Velious.

I believe I did the math and an Iksar warrior with sebilite scale gear is not that far behind a warrior in indicolite (I think i have 960AC or so with full buffs at 53), but quite a bit behind a warrior in Cobalt. The real equalizer for an Iksar warrior is wearing a fungi tunic (hello 90k!). I spend a bit of time in the crypt today. At 53, in 4850 seconds I took 105,000 damage. Meanwhile I regenerated 4850/6*20 extra regen ~= 15,000 hp, or about 15% of all damage. That probably makes up for any AC difference, but the bigger problem IMO is the lack of stats especially dexterity: my armor is like +5 net dex (owing to the -10 on the fungi) compared to +30 from indicolite. Since warriors really need procs to hold aggro, this is a big problem.

Basically if you make an Iksar warrior you're going to be worse than an ogre, period, until Velious, when you'll be perhaps a touch better. Are you going to be hugely worse? It depends a lot on your backup. If you have a shaman, it'll be maybe 5-10% . . a shaman who likes you enough to cast avatar a lot, even less.
Old 02-19-2012, 01:33 AM
Aviak

All you really need as a warrior to be legit is dexterity (hold aggro)... a weapon or two with ykesha procs (way stronger than they ever were on live, aggro wise), and resist gear / levels (wizard monsters are infinitely stronger than they ever were on live, making resists more important than AC by a long mile in experience groups later on in life).
Closed Thread