Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2014, 01:01 PM
Banned

Default change the color con on target back please!

in the new update on 6/24/14, it changed the target box to no longer show what color con your mob is. please change this back to the way it was. im sure almost everyone on the server preferred it to show the color con. if im posting this is the wrong section let me know so i can post in the right location, thx!
Old 06-24-2014, 01:01 PM
Planar Protector

NOT CLASSIC!
Old 06-24-2014, 01:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannacore [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
NOT CLASSIC!
yea i know, i remember it being like that when EQ came out. and even though its not classic, such a simple thing is really nice to have and plently of people agree. its shown the color con for so long why change it now?
Old 06-24-2014, 01:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11bangbang [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
why change it now?
Shit's classic.
Old 06-24-2014, 01:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Shit's classic.
shit's not showing my con...shit's irritating, lol.
Old 06-24-2014, 01:14 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannacore [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
NOT CLASSIC!

"Classic" has never and will never exist on a server where everyone knows the future. From the moment the first person said "manastones will go away so I will camp a ton of them and sell them for all the money in the world" classic was a myth. The devs have done a tremendous job giving us a game that's LIKE the game we were playing in 1999, but it's impossible for it to be exactly the same game so things that are impractical or detrimental or less useful for gameplay (bugs, exploitative mechanics, etc.) may as well be flushed down the toilet where they belong.

The real question is, is con-target one of those things?

Every song I play is actually just me screaming the 1812 Overture in a raspy, shrieking falsetto.
Old 06-24-2014, 01:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kekephee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"Classic" has never and will never exist on a server where everyone knows the future. From the moment the first person said "manastones will go away so I will camp a ton of them and sell them for all the money in the world" classic was a myth. The devs have done a tremendous job giving us a game that's LIKE the game we were playing in 1999, but it's impossible for it to be exactly the same game so things that are impractical or detrimental or less useful for gameplay (bugs, exploitative mechanics, etc.) may as well be flushed down the toilet where they belong.

The real question is, is con-target one of those things?
The point of the server is to get as close to classic everquest as possible. Obviously things are going to be slightly different when there is 15 years of hindsight to work with. With that said, if the point is to emulate classic everquest as best they can, this is another small thing that brings it one step closer, imo.
Old 06-24-2014, 01:19 PM
Planar Protector

Is hitting the "C" key really all that tedious?

Just be glad you all have your new fancy UIs with percentages and multiple hotbars and medding without being blind.

One day, we will get cleansed of these horrible things that make players think they are better than classic. And all will be right in the world. Praise classic UI.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-24-2014, 01:22 PM
Planar Protector

End of Velious 11/2001
http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20011107.html
Quote:
We have changed the way the /consider command works and expanded the level range at which players are able to gain experience. We have added a 'light blue' area between green and blue. NPCs that used to /consider green but gave experience will now /consider light blue, as well as NPCs of slightly lower level than those greens. You will always get experience for something that is light blue. You will not receive experience for greens. At the same time, by including lower level NPCs in the light blue /consider, we have increased the range of lower level NPCs that will grant experience. This will be most noticeable for characters of higher level.
Old 06-24-2014, 01:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is hitting the "C" key really all that tedious?

Just be glad you all have your new fancy UIs with percentages and multiple hotbars and medding without being blind.

One day, we will get cleansed of these horrible things that make players think they are better than classic. And all will be right in the world. Praise classic UI.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Damn that UI to hell for eternity where it belongs.
Closed Thread