Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 02:01 PM
Large Rat

Nice, guys. Thank you for the replies. Any more advice on bard/shaman based off the criteria I stated in the original post? :]
Old 02-14-2013, 02:19 PM
Kobold

I have the most fun duoing with another bard. We don't kill things very fast, but you can pull and do about anything you want. You would be able to kill more mobs before repops with other classes, especially a necro or a shaman.

Also I can usually get out of most "oh shit" moments on a bard. Except that I usually try extra stupid things which make the oh shit moments much more common and much harder to survive.
Old 02-14-2013, 02:37 PM
Planar Protector

Contrary to Giegue's claims I think enchanters are just better at CC. We have longer mezzes, aoe mezzes, and stuns. But Bard/Enchanter can work fine in a group; with a charmed pet and a rogue/monk or two you'll need chain pulls anyway, and bards are fantastic at that. Probably the best is for the bard to pull two at a time and charm one, then go chain pull.

For a duo Lavarian is probably right, if things are rooted you don't need to worry about the shitty bard charm duration.
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 02-14-2013, 08:06 PM
Sarnak

Chanters always think they're better at CC. But if you're duoing, it's better in the long run that the chanter focuses on keeping his charmed pet on a leash and the main target debuffed/rooted/etc.

One thing about the shitty duration of the bard charm, is that it is a known duration, this means you can turn it into an advantage and work it into your twist so that the mob is only uncharmed for a fraction of a second.

In a group setting, with the massive DPS a chanter pet can add, it is imperative that the bard puts the chain pulls on overdrive, aggro'ing a mob and charm it once close to the group to finish the current target, and then break charm or let it run out if timed right, and as soon as the group turns its attention to it, go get another one, do not wait.

cheers

'stuce
Closed Thread