Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2013, 05:47 PM
Sarnak

Default So I found my original EverQuest (Classic) CD

And I want to know if it is possible to at least get to the server selection screen. I know that here we can do a "patchme" or something that seems to make the shortcut -not- open the patcher, is there a way to get passed this?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

What I really want to get to is the original "gong" sound that used to appear (as some logo) before the game started. If I could hear that, I might melt with nostalgia.
Old 10-24-2013, 05:48 PM
Sarnak

Oh and for a quick trip down memory lane, this is from a new text file in the original install:

EverQuest Phase 4 Beta News

2/15/99 12:30am
---------------
We have added the EverQuest tutorial, which is recommended for new players getting started in the world of Norrath. To patch the tutorial, you will need to patch using the "testeverquest.exe" to receive all of the required files, then run "tutorial.exe". Please give us any feedback that you may have for improvments that should be made. All of the character restorations from phases 3 and 3.5 to the "Test" server should be completed by the end of the day. Also, please note that the "News" window will only contain information regarding the current additions and bug fixes, all past news can be read from the "revision.txt" file located in your EverQuest directory.

Bug Fixes

- The "Backstab" and "Bind Wound" skills should be working as intended.
- We believe we have solved one of the problems that occurs when people
would get booted at the EverQuest loading screen (with the Elf woman on it).
- We should very shortly have fixed all of the registration problems. Try back
later tonight if you haven't successfully registered.
- Zones should be MUCH, MUCH more stable now. We fixed a major crash problem with them.
- New Banshee drivers should be up on www.everquest.com - These are EverQuest specific.
Thanks to 3dfx for giving us these drivers before they are generally released.
- If you have a Voodoo2 and you have THE latest drivers from 3dfx, you will have
a problem switching resolutions. Please use the drivers off of www.everquest.com, as they
work properly.

***** If you are having account problems, please direct e-mail to everquest@989studios.com *******
****** If this is your first time playing, read everquest_manual.txt FIRST! *******
****** If this is your first time playing, read everquest_manual.txt FIRST! *******
Old 10-25-2013, 02:03 PM
Planar Protector

" the Elf woman", lol.
Old 10-25-2013, 02:10 PM
Kobold

Le château de Chillon?
Old 10-25-2013, 02:35 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cribanox [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What I really want to get to is the original "gong" sound that used to appear (as some logo) before the game started. If I could hear that, I might melt with nostalgia.
Before this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKj36GJj_i8

I'm pretty sure you can find it on you tube if this is not it.
Old 10-25-2013, 04:00 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyra [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Before this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKj36GJj_i8

I'm pretty sure you can find it on you tube if this is not it.
Yea it was before that loading screen, it was like when the "989 STUDIOS" thing appeared
Old 10-25-2013, 04:50 PM
Fire Giant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jWmziz2rYw
Old 10-26-2013, 12:56 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyra [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've seen this one a bunch, unfortunately it isn't what i was looking for. it's really hard to describe what I'm talking about I guess. It was after the 989 studios logo, but before maybe even the login screen (for sure before the theme loading screen)
Closed Thread