Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 11:06 AM
Sarnak

Post Druid all-in-one guide.

Hello,

Finally after a lot of work I finished my druid guide. It required quite some more effort than I thought at the start, mostly because I always found more things to fit into the guide.

At the start, I thought about making a High-end guide for druids, but it ended up being a huge wall of text with many advises and strategies for druids.

You can check it out here:

http://wiki.project1999.com/Druid_al...de_by_Gaviilan

I tried to double check it for grammar typos, but english is not my native language, so please try to be comprensive [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I would love if you could give me some feedback on the guide, or if you could post your opinion here.

Gaviilan
Old 10-23-2014, 12:10 PM
Planar Protector

I take issue with this statement: "[solo tanking as a druid] will be your principal and best way to get experience soloing up to level 24."

Tanking and meleeing as a druid, assuming you're not crazy twinked, will be good up until level 14. From level 14 onwards, charming is much, MUCH faster EXP. You can go right to East Karana and destroy everything.

Also, there is not really a need for an egress/succor list since this already exists on the wiki here, accessible right from the front page of the wiki.
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Last edited by Estu; 10-23-2014 at 12:15 PM..
Old 10-23-2014, 03:18 PM
Kobold

I can tell from reading that you spent a lot more time quadding for your exp than charming, which is ok, but maybe remove some of the info from the charming section until you have a chance to do a little more research. Charming really is the BEST exp you can get starting at level 14ish (I did 15-60 in 6 weeks), yet I think too many guides on here fall short in portraying that.

Anyway, overall a very nice guide and full of some useful information. Well done!

EDIT: Also, wasn't it confirmed that CHA has no bearing on Druid charm here? I could swear someone linked me to patch notes or a forum post regarding the issue, but I can't go find it right now.
Last edited by Wenuven; 10-23-2014 at 03:21 PM..
Old 10-23-2014, 03:28 PM
Planar Protector

Charisma hasn't affected druid charm on this server since 2011. I had a CHA gear set before them, and it made a difference. But there are patch notes on this server saying that was removed.

One day, I may be inclined to write a new druid charm guide. I have a pretty nice one fragmented across several posts I'm sure...
Old 10-23-2014, 03:42 PM
Planar Protector

A few notes:

Druid Epic click has a -100 MR mod. Meaning it is very hard to resist. It is also the only snare with such a mod. So on mobs that are snareable but are very magic resistance (Dark Elves in Kithicor for example), this is a great way to get them snared.

Velious Spells, you missed some of them:

Fury of Air (34) - Indoor stun. All previous druid stuns are outdoor only. Come Velious we can stun indoors.
Ro's Fiery Sundering (39) - AC/Fire Resist Debuff with -200 resist mod. 3min duration (set a timer on raid mobs) Excellent debuff to assist in landing of Fire spells... Most specifically the next spell:
Fixation of Ro (44) - AC/ATK debuff. 10 min duration. Used after the above spell it has a decent chance to land. While rather irrelevant in most gameplay. At the endgame, the ability to reduce a raid mobs ATK is hugely beneficial especially over the long run as it will reduce the large damage spikes that could kill your main tank.
Nature Walker's Behest (55) - Bear Pet... Don't laugh at boo boo. He has many uses. Eating harm touches, pulling mobs through walls/door/tight spaces, and on this server... Get your Reclaim Energy clickies from Sol Ro. He will be a little mana battery waiting to be consumed when needed on a raid fight. Just stay around walls and away from AEs with him if you do this.

I have comments on Charming but I'll make those later. Mainly cause at work on phone.
Old 10-23-2014, 04:27 PM
Sarnak

Hey,

First of all thanks for the comments. Will try to answer:

Quote:
I take issue with this statement: "[solo tanking as a druid] will be your principal and best way to get experience soloing up to level 24."

Tanking and meleeing as a druid, assuming you're not crazy twinked, will be good up until level 14. From level 14 onwards, charming is much, MUCH faster EXP. You can go right to East Karana and destroy everything.
I don't like to put cathegoric statements in guides/conversations, and this one slipped through my revisions, so will change that part, thanks Estu.

Quote:
Also, there is not really a need for an egress/succor list since this already exists on the wiki here, accessible right from the front page of the wiki.
Didn't knew that page even existed, I got that info from my old guild forums (in live) and some research that I did myself. Anyway, don't really find it so redundant, because some people may miss the travel guide and can't harm anyone to have that appendix on a druid guide, so I will let it there for now. Maybe I could just link the travel guide anyway since it's there.

Quote:
I can tell from reading that you spent a lot more time quadding for your exp than charming, which is ok, but maybe remove some of the info from the charming section until you have a chance to do a little more research. Charming really is the BEST exp you can get starting at level 14ish (I did 15-60 in 6 weeks), yet I think too many guides on here fall short in portraying that.

Anyway, overall a very nice guide and full of some useful information. Well done!

EDIT: Also, wasn't it confirmed that CHA has no bearing on Druid charm here? I could swear someone linked me to patch notes or a forum post regarding the issue, but I can't go find it right now.
Yup, I did a lot more quadding than charming in my druidric life here in P1999, but that doesn't really mean I don't know the basic or the places to charm, can you please be more specific on what info should I remove? About being the best or not, it's fast, that's for sure. The fastest? I don't know, as I said above I don't like cathegoric statements, it depends.

About the CHA, as I put in the guide, it's not confirmed so I am not encouraging people to use CHA gear when charming. Just saying that a Charisma buff wouldn't harm you if you have an enchanter around.

Thanks for the kind words [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
A few notes:

Druid Epic click has a -100 MR mod. Meaning it is very hard to resist. It is also the only snare with such a mod. So on mobs that are snareable but are very magic resistance (Dark Elves in Kithicor for example), this is a great way to get them snared.
Thanks, missing that one, will add to the guide if you don't mind.

Quote:
Velious Spells, you missed some of them:

Fury of Air (34) - Indoor stun. All previous druid stuns are outdoor only. Come Velious we can stun indoors.
Ro's Fiery Sundering (39) - AC/Fire Resist Debuff with -200 resist mod. 3min duration (set a timer on raid mobs) Excellent debuff to assist in landing of Fire spells... Most specifically the next spell:
Fixation of Ro (44) - AC/ATK debuff. 10 min duration. Used after the above spell it has a decent chance to land. While rather irrelevant in most gameplay. At the endgame, the ability to reduce a raid mobs ATK is hugely beneficial especially over the long run as it will reduce the large damage spikes that could kill your main tank.
Nature Walker's Behest (55) - Bear Pet... Don't laugh at boo boo. He has many uses. Eating harm touches, pulling mobs through walls/door/tight spaces, and on this server... Get your Reclaim Energy clickies from Sol Ro. He will be a little man
Thanks again Daldaen. TBH all the Velious section I did copy/paste from a PM you sent me long ago (you're listed as contributor in there) so will also add this spells.

Thanks everyone for the comments, I did my best to make a guide that could help druids in the overall.

Gav
Old 10-23-2014, 04:43 PM
Planar Protector

The CHA thing isn't really a debate or unknown.

The developers on this project stated outright that CHA is not influential to druids charming at all. Period.

Only matters for Enchanters and Bards.

I'd suggest removing it from the guide as it will just confuse or mislead people about druid charming in my opinion.

Other than that looks pretty good. As I said earlier when I have more time I'd like to explain how to maximize druid EXPing via charming.
Last edited by Daldaen; 10-23-2014 at 05:08 PM..
Old 10-23-2014, 04:53 PM
Sarnak

Can you link the post where that is staten Daldaen? I always thought it was an unknow issue, even today.

If that's true I will remove it from the guide even if I already put in there that CHA probably have 0 influence.
Old 10-23-2014, 05:29 PM
Planar Protector

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...ht=Druid+charm

Quote:
Kanras-Src-Druid charm CHA equivalence identical to necromancers
Quote:
Means nothing for a necro. Druids aren't so dependent on charisma for charms.
Uthgaard didn't have a way with words... But the dependency is made identical and it means absolutely nothing to Necromancers. So it means nothing for Druids.
Old 10-23-2014, 05:54 PM
Sarnak

I see - modifying the guide then. Thanks for the evidence Daldaen.