Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2014, 12:46 PM
Planar Protector

Default High Level Cleric Solo Suggestions

I've been EXPing my cleric by nuking skeletons at the combine ruins in Dreadlands for the past few levels (when I don't have time to group), but he's 47 and many of the skeletons are turning green, so I'm looking for a new home. Specs are out since they're also turning green now (I could technically kill green mobs for bad EXP but I'm not interested in doing this). I was thinking of heading over to Trakanon's Teeth and trying to find a decent spot, maybe near Sebilis, but I'm worried I'm still too low.

My cleric's gear is unimpressive so he can only realistically take down one dark blue undead mob at a time. I'm looking for a place with non-caster undead mobs single-pullable (or at least in small splittable camps) around high level 30s. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 07-21-2014, 01:02 PM
Planar Protector

Lower Guk.

Get yourself past the bats and IVU. Search around for a location with a single mob you can handle. I think the stairs just before assassin has a single roamer or atleast splitable roamers. There is also one just past the safe hall but it's level starts getting up there along with its hp.

There are casters though... just have an insta clicky like Shrunken goblin ear to insta refresh and alternate you're stuns. Alternatively DA and eat 2-3 spells on a DA.
Old 07-21-2014, 01:02 PM
Planar Protector

Rotting Skeleton camp should fit ya
Old 07-21-2014, 01:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lower Guk.

Get yourself past the bats and IVU. Search around for a location with a single mob you can handle. I think the stairs just before assassin has a single roamer or atleast splitable roamers. There is also one just past the safe hall but it's level starts getting up there along with its hp.

There are casters though... just have an insta clicky like Shrunken goblin ear to insta refresh and alternate you're stuns. Alternatively DA and eat 2-3 spells on a DA.
I'll do some experimentation, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rotting Skeleton camp has the same skeletons as in the combine ruins I think, so it's too low at this point.
Old 07-21-2014, 03:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Eh. IIRC, that's a weird camp to XP at for a cleric. Some of the mobs will be light blue, some of them will be very hard fights to win. You definitely can do 47-60 in lguk though. Slim pickings in the upper 50s, and you will sometimes need to use lulls to split up a double pull, but other than that yeah.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 07-21-2014 at 03:17 PM..
Old 07-21-2014, 06:31 PM
Planar Protector

Really though, as a cleric. Find a class that can charm. Druid, Enchanter, Necro.

Druid, duo in Kedge.
Necro, duo in KC first then HS.
Enchanter, duo in Sol B at imps/efreeti

That will be much better exps. Though it isn't nearly convenient as soloing.
Old 07-22-2014, 09:33 PM
Orc

What did you decide on trying? Where did you go?
Old 07-22-2014, 09:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by greer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What did you decide on trying? Where did you go?
I haven't done a lot of soloing on that guy since making this thread. I don't play a ton. I did run over to Burning Woods since it was nearby. There are a lot of undead gorillas and sarnak skeletons. The tough part is finding a good safe spot to pull from. I've had some success pulling from the west wall of the zone. Will experiment some more.
Old 07-22-2014, 10:58 PM
Fire Giant

There's a few tough mobs at combine ruins that are at the eastern side of the city by the stairs under the giant spires. One of them randomly spawns a skeletal champion which you wont be able to kill but the others should still be yummy xp morsels at 47
Old 07-22-2014, 11:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuljin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's a few tough mobs at combine ruins that are at the eastern side of the city by the stairs under the giant spires. One of them randomly spawns a skeletal champion which you wont be able to kill but the others should still be yummy xp morsels at 47
Combine ruins is not good for me at 47 since plaguebone skeletons are largely turning green. Every spawn either has a common plaguebone skeleton pop (which is not good because they're too low level) or a common wraithbone champion pop (which is not good because they're too high level). Believe me when I say that I'm done with this camp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread