Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 02:11 PM
Aviak

Default Timeline query

I've had a really good read of the FAQ and the wiki. Here's something I couldn't straighten out during my wanderings:

Aeolwind's post
(http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...1&postcount=12) indicates that this server's timeline finishes with the discovery of Velious.

Will that be the end of content progression or will other things that changed after Velious but before Luclin still be considered? Specifically I am thinking of Epics, Warrens, Tradeskills >200.

[With apologies to any dead horses which might have been harmed in the making of this post]
Old 03-30-2011, 02:16 PM
Project Manager

Firstly.. don't pay too much attention to that timeline post by Aeolwind.

That was a rough draft written into dev chat that was used in response to something. It doesn't have all the changes, and npc fights aren't necessary to unlock expansions.

Changes made prior to Luclin (through velious) should be implemented when their time arrives.
Old 03-30-2011, 02:18 PM
Fire Giant

I know Nilbog already responded, but I assume the only thing that is firm is that Luclin, as we know it, will never see this server.

Lots of stuff has been discussed as what to do with the server when content in Velious starts to become obsolete, but I highly doubt the dev's will make a decision on what to do until the time comes.
Old 03-30-2011, 02:29 PM
Planar Protector

Theres so much to do through velious that it'll keep all but the most hardcore busy for another couple years I think.

Though I think it would be awesome if luclin era AA's got added like 2 years after velious' release, without releasing luclin itself.

Or just once Velious hits, start up another P99 with all the lessons learned and strive for an even closer to classic progression.
Old 03-30-2011, 02:33 PM
Project Manager

I think the majority* of players here believe classic-Velious had the right idea.

Luclin onward.. I just can't get onboard with. I played the expansions up to like omens of war. It was all right, but mostly just a big waste of my time.

I'd rather have a completely custom game after Velious than rebuild that fail. Cats on the moon not happening on my watch.
Old 03-30-2011, 02:38 PM
Planar Protector

I thought AA's were a brilliant move. It gave people who were max level something to do other than raid or farm for alts.

But I will agree, Classic through Velious were the golden days of EQ and it went downhill from there.

Either way, I don't see myself ever quitting P99 because I ran out of content to do. Playing every class to 60 and doing every raid as each class should keep me busy for a while.

Edit: But seeing dungeons like Veksar eventually added would be great. Something which should have gone in during the kunark/velious era but didn't for whatever reasons.
Last edited by baalzy; 03-30-2011 at 02:40 PM..
Old 03-30-2011, 02:38 PM
Large Bat

Luclin is the reason why I quit EQ in the first place. I'm so glad I'm not the only person who shared this view and happy to know that P99 will not be implementing it. I can finally play EQ the way I wanted to 10 years ago!

feelsgoodman.jpg
Old 03-30-2011, 02:45 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the majority* of players here believe classic-Velious had the right idea.

Luclin onward.. I just can't get onboard with. I played the expansions up to like omens of war. It was all right, but mostly just a big waste of my time.

I'd rather have a completely custom game after Velious than rebuild that fail. Cats on the moon not happening on my watch.
Classic to Kunark was the first time high from a drug and the expansions after that was chasing that high you experienced before hoping to find it again but never doing
Old 03-30-2011, 02:58 PM
Aviak

Thanks for the responses, much appreciated.

I’d be very happy never to see Luclin or PoP or anything beyond, except to say that I absolutely loved the Legacy of Ykesha expansion.

Even without content additions after Velious, I would be happy if some smaller changes were ultimately to go in, such as more banks slots, shared bank slots, stackable pelts. I was always an avid tradeskiller and I will soon be bumping against my bank inventory limit with pelts alone. WTB tradeskill components mule.
Old 03-30-2011, 03:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polixenes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
WTB tradeskill components mule.

That gives me an idea for a pie in the sky pipedream.

Custom account types that have IP exemptions that can dual-boxed for the sole purpose of transfering/muling.

Somehow flag the account so that any character made on it has 1000 str, but only 1hp and can never level up. That way you can park it in EC with a bunch of gear and trade all day while still playing elsewhere.

Or if that's too much, just a character that is bound and rooted near a banker in whatever city you choose and can ONLY be used for storing/transfering gear.

(i understand shared bank slots would be effectively the same thing, but it doesn't allow you to xfer to chars on different accounts).
Closed Thread