Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2011, 06:43 AM
Banned

Thumbs up <Terran> Crew

Big Castle AKA Ron Paul here.

UPDATE
11/15/2001
- We got us a ventrilo channel
- Spots filling up fast. I think we still need a bard. If I talked with you and you're in (mr. bard) send me another PM.
- Those who aren't "in" but contacted me, /friend us, we will periodically have group openings and would like to group with you. Gotta get the lay of the land as we expand.
- Looking to get off to a quick start, get some practice as a group and light up some zerglings... Need a light?

I decided to play this box if I can piece together a crew to progress and roll people. Being that the the antithesis to Zerg, there are limited spots open and specific classes needed.

First round of recruitment is limited at 6 (including myself - shaman) Will recruit 2-3 weeks after release to see who is who in PvP and let people who who we are. Grab another 6. If you are going to play one of the classes listed below check it out.

Here's what we need.

Spot Filled Shaman - complete package and pots too
Spot FilledShadowknight or Paladin - beefcake
Spot FilledCleric - healz
TBA Bard - speed/resists/cc/harass
Spot Filled Wiz - deeps/ports/planes/noob-rainin
TBAMag - deeps/herocallin/noob-rainin

Goal
Progress with some newly made pals in the closest-to-classic EQ PvP environment to date. Will take time to both progress PvE and get loots and click some pots, buffs, and port/selos our way to people's faces for yellow text and pieces of platinum

Those Who Should Apply
  • Has a few hours a day to play
  • Want to roll in a small crew
  • Is used to being outnumbered in PvP either 1 vs many or few vs many
  • Is and wants to play with people who know classic EQ PvP
  • Willing to do a tradeskill if needed or pitch in for pots/JC
  • Know hows to operate TS
  • If you got a TS server, that's a plus, we'll need one.

How to Apply
Send me PM including boxes you played on, toons' names, what ya did, what ya good at, what you're expecting to give and get from crew.

Need Not Apply
Inexperienced scrubs, hackers, zerglings.

Final Details
May be <Protoss> or change name altogether. Possibly <Firebats> or <Hellions> Open to input.
Last edited by Castle; 11-15-2011 at 06:56 AM..
Old 11-11-2011, 07:06 AM
Banned

whoa

you pretty much show up and start handlin business - u crazy yo

inb4 alot of ppl flamin
Old 11-11-2011, 07:14 AM
Banned

When you're like me...
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You expect feedback like this

on your medivacs

but that's when I drop a nuke on your mineral line, brah.
Last edited by Castle; 11-11-2011 at 07:18 AM..
Old 11-11-2011, 07:31 AM
Kobold

Since Heresy merged with Holocaust, Gnar guild, and others, creating a zerg of 40 people for day 1 of the server, it's pretty much pointless making a 6 man guild.

It's gonna be just like VZTZ. Heresy ran with 30 people on a 50 population server, Salty started a guild and began to reach Heresy numbers. Heresy starts losing raid fights so they recruit more people. Salty keeps recruiting more to compete. Then it's 45 Heresy vs 43 Fish Bait in hate. Then everyone else on the server is a complete non-factor and quits.
Old 11-11-2011, 08:12 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuk3Afr1ca [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Since Heresy merged with Holocaust, Gnar guild, and others, creating a zerg of 40 people for day 1 of the server, it's pretty much pointless making a 6 man guild.

It's gonna be just like VZTZ. Heresy ran with 30 people on a 50 population server, Salty started a guild and began to reach Heresy numbers. Heresy starts losing raid fights so they recruit more people. Salty keeps recruiting more to compete. Then it's 45 Heresy vs 43 Fish Bait in hate. Then everyone else on the server is a complete non-factor and quits.
Sounds like you were hurt a lot on VZTZ. Did Heresy and Fish Bait make those eyes of yours become waterfalls?
Quote:
exploit - is the code word for they outleveled me and are now outfarming me
Old 11-11-2011, 09:40 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Cover letter and resume sent.
Old 11-11-2011, 10:28 AM
Kobold

It is a long road to 50 and raid 30 v 30 is not the end all be all.
Old 11-11-2011, 11:46 AM
Banned

Ya that may happen. I'll be practicing abstinence and abstaining from the zerg mentality. You don't have to be a zerg to enjoy the game. On the contrary if we release ourselves from these preconceived ideas of what it means to "win." To me winning is enjoying the classicness, getting loots, ganking people, being awesome, outwitting & outplaying people, destroying zerglings.

Yes, I will probably put in some good play time, but poop socking and logging on at weird hours to spend a a handful of miserable hours in a zergling war where life and death is random based on if your name getting called up for the /assist bomb... is kinda silly.

Contending for content is fun; epic battles are great, no doubt, even large-scale ones. But the zerg-race is for noobs who need numbers to win. No thanks.

I contend that there will be plenty of small groups and individuals for fun PvP; and if worst comes to worst 3 zerg factions so we can choose from the lesser of 3 evils instead of the lesser of 2 =)
Old 11-11-2011, 12:29 PM
Banned

I think 40 is a good size force for taking gods and dragons down. 80 would be another story.
Old 11-11-2011, 02:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuk3Afr1ca [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Since Heresy merged with Holocaust, Gnar guild, and others, creating a zerg of 76 people for day 1 of the server, it's pretty much pointless making a 6 man guild.

Closed Thread