Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 11:50 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slave [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes (duh.) At the end of the day, what it's coming down to is that you can:

A) Play with the cheater population, necessitating cheating to compete,

or

B) Play with the good people and not have to grab for every grubby little advantage you can in this 12-year old video game, for the rest of your P99 gaming career.
Or I can not worry about it because I know the advantages offered are massively exaggerated and don't really do anything to affect me since I don't give a crap about accumulating loot.

I have a hell of a lot more fun going around buffing lowbies and shit than I do camping for some stupid item to give me +20 HP.
Old 09-01-2011, 11:55 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slave [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

or

B) Play with the good people and not have to grab for every grubby little advantage you can in this 12-year old video game, for the rest of your P99 gaming career.
Again, compete? Who are you competing with? Unless your in a top guild competing for boss kills I seriously seriously doubt these hacks have had ANY effect on you. This is not a PvP game, Aside from the one raid I went on when I was trying to mobilize to get to a mob faster than the other guild I honestly cannot think of a single time I've competed with another player. This goes for all of my EQ experience from p99 back to 99.
Old 09-02-2011, 01:30 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by vageta31 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-02-2011, 01:36 AM
Planar Protector

cheaters must be brought to justice

be judge dread, rogean, not that older guy who lets his brother almost destroy the city with that badass robot. Underrated movie really.
Old 09-02-2011, 01:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runningfish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Again, compete? Who are you competing with? Unless your in a top guild competing for boss kills I seriously seriously doubt these hacks have had ANY effect on you. This is not a PvP game, Aside from the one raid I went on when I was trying to mobilize to get to a mob faster than the other guild I honestly cannot think of a single time I've competed with another player. This goes for all of my EQ experience from p99 back to 99.
Remember that time you were level 12 and you lost your body in a new zone? You spent hours and hours looking for it, you learned that you should issue a "/loc" right before you die the hard way. Remember that person that finally said "/ooc hey, I just passed your body at about loc X,Y"... they were using ShowEQ. Wasn't it great having your body back without having to track down a bard or necro?

Remember when you were in dreadlands and you found this really great group? The puller was on top of his game, rarely pulling more than 1 or 2 mobs at once? Wasn't it great that most of those mobs were higher cons? The puller was using ShowEQ.

Remember when you and a group of friends decided to go to a fairly new zone, which none of you had experience in? You all wandered around and got hopelessly lost (or so you thought). When it came time to go home, one of your group mates just KNEW where the zone out was. Wasn't it great not being lost for hours when you needed to log because you were already late for work? Guess who was using ShowEQ.

Remember when the uberguild you were in was raiding that really cool uber mob? Do you remember how the pull worked very well and was coordinated between a few monks? Wasn't it great when it got to the right spot, didn't agro anything else and the fight was won and well planned? Yeah, guess who was using ShowEQ to coordinate the pull...

Remember when you went to fear/hate for your epic piece? A "tracker" told everyone that your mob was up, and you were very happy. The raid started, and eventually your epic mob is pulled and you get your epic part... someone there was using ShowEQ.

Do you remember KC? Boy, that zone is train city. Remember that time you grouped there but somehow managed to never train the zone, never pull more than was intended? Or maybe a train was approaching and the puller said "run, train". Did you really think he was just "narrowly escaping it" himself? He was using ShowEQ.

Remember that guy that could always locate that "perfect" pull spot, where no mobs seemed to wander? Yup. ShowEQ.

Remember when you were search for that rare spawn that drops a part for your epic, but EVERY time you stood a chance of finding it some druid or ranger was already there killing it and offering to sell you a cloak they didn't need for 10k? Bet you wish you had ShowEQ.

Advantages don't always have to be blatant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
if your reason to be here is to ruin other peoples experiences and grief them off the server, then not only do you not deserve the privilege of playing here, but i will remove your ability to do so.
Last edited by Humerox; 09-02-2011 at 02:21 AM..
Old 09-02-2011, 02:23 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runningfish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why leave? Until they were suspended you probably never even noticed. You probably won't notice that they are gone and you probably won't notice when they get back. Get back to enjoying the game stop worrying about the other guy and who's got the advantage and enjoy yourself. This is a PvE game, we're all just here to have fun not be #1. Sure we want to have the best gear but that comes in time no matter what. Don't let the hackers spoil something you like, move on keep playing and keep earning stuff legit.
+1
Old 09-02-2011, 02:40 AM
Kobold

I just don't get it.. In ALL of those situations aside from the raid ones where it is competitive (which i recognized) there is NO COMPETITION.

It's like you read my post, quote it, but still miss the point completely. This game, these scenario's you explained are not competitive. Can you really be that worried about the other guy? Since when are there not enough mobs in DL? Since when do lvl 12 newbs who don't even know a zone or think to look at a zone map install showeq?

Since when is a "tracker" not a tracker? I don't know about you but I know when someone in my guild is a ranger or druid. Even then, what harm is it doing you that this "tracker" finds someones epic item? If someone's not lost and it saves them 4 hours how does that effect you? KC, showeq is not going to help you pull here you are still either going to need a ranger/druid with harmony, someone with lull or a skilled monk to pull. You must have absolutely no idea what this program does if you think you wouldn't. For that last situation.. that's why you bring a tracker of your own. If you went without one you should know your likely wasting time.

What I'm saying is this, you are not competing in this game. It is a PvE game, never have I worried that someone has an advantage over me because you know what? It's not a competition!!
Old 09-02-2011, 02:57 AM
Planar Protector

competition? sure there is, competition for camps, competition for drops that you can actually get yourself instead of having to buy it for ridiculous amounts of money. I think the problem is that people don't understand to what extent these hacks or third party programs affect the game. I heard that people were duping plat, so doesn't this affect everyone because it affects the economy? I also heard there are programs you can use to teleport around to whatever zones you want and wherever in the zone you want... is it not unfair that you have to fight through a dungeon with a group to get to a named but there is some guy that just teleported there and knows exactly when the mob will spawn?
Old 09-02-2011, 03:02 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordenwatch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
competition? sure there is, competition for camps, competition for drops that you can actually get yourself instead of having to buy it for ridiculous amounts of money. I think the problem is that people don't understand to what extent these hacks or third party programs affect the game. I heard that people were duping plat, so doesn't this affect everyone because it affects the economy? I also heard there are programs you can use to teleport around to whatever zones you want and wherever in the zone you want... is it not unfair that you have to fight through a dungeon with a group to get to a named but there is some guy that just teleported there and knows exactly when the mob will spawn?
You think these programs have anything to do with plat duping?

lol
Old 09-02-2011, 03:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:

or

there is one difference between live and emu... soe didnt care, p99 does.

youve played with more cheaters on live than u could ever play with here on emu.

life aint fair and neither is an mmorpg. live with it or quit (respectively suicide)
Closed Thread