Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 04:57 PM
Banned

yeah server chat has gone downhill. You're more likely to get suspended for shit talking in R&F than here so it's mostly a matter of mismanagement. Hopefully will improve after the staff tumult calms.
Old 09-07-2011, 05:07 PM
Aviak

Project 1999 is the perfect name. I feel like I'm time traveling when I play this game.

I would move to EC or CB but pretty sure that would be more trouble than it is worth for iksar. But I guess if I am going to try to boost faction, now would be a good time. Plus it would give me a greater chance of a good samaritan upgrading my Club*.

Thanks for all the responses guys. I am gathering that things are not as awful as the tenor of the forums would lead one to believe. That is encouraging [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-07-2011, 05:07 PM
Fire Giant

Yup welcome to the game, its a lot better on the inside =) and dont worry about forums, and there is hope at the end of the tunnle the high end guilds do recruit.
Old 09-07-2011, 05:11 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryba [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Project 1999 is the perfect name. I feel like I'm time traveling when I play this game.

I would move to EC or CB but pretty sure that would be more trouble than it is worth for iksar. But I guess if I am going to try to boost faction, now would be a good time. Plus it would give me a greater chance of a good samaritan upgrading my Club*.

Thanks for all the responses guys. I am gathering that things are not as awful as the tenor of the forums would lead one to believe. That is encouraging [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What's your character's name? I think I can hook you up with something better than the club.
Old 09-07-2011, 05:16 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by soup [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What's your character's name? I think I can hook you up with something better than the club.
Name is Ryba. I just splurged on a 5/28 staff. Any help would be great.
Old 09-07-2011, 06:16 PM
Fire Giant

Same, i have some gear i can part with for a fellow monk. Only problem is finding me online at a normal hour. I play very very late PST....catch me if you can =)
...Silentone
Old 09-07-2011, 06:28 PM
Kobold

eq players have always been far supperior than most MMOs
Old 09-07-2011, 06:30 PM
Fire Giant

It's free so if it does implode, meh?
Old 09-07-2011, 07:30 PM
Planar Protector

This game is very fun and the server is very friendly overall. I have yet to meet a person who wasn't nice [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].

The thing about about EQ is that some camps are almost raid-level fun and running from a train is a rush. Most modern games have pushed the difficulty way down so that raiding is one of the only challenging/exciting moments you experience.

Definitely not knocking the raid experience. If you have the time to put in it doesn't get much better than in EQ. I think once Velious opens up the raid scene will be less frantic due to increased places to go. This means smaller guilds can do fun smaller targets and work to get people epics weapons. They can even team with other small guilds for larger targets.

Basically, don't sweat that last 5% of the content if you don't want the drama. The 95% is more than enough to keep you busy and happy.
Last edited by Snaggles; 09-07-2011 at 07:37 PM..
Old 09-07-2011, 08:14 PM
Kobold

Glad you posted this, quite a few people have been concerned with how the forums look to new players. Also glad you decided to ask instead of just turning away from the server. I can honestly say after a year here I've had very few bad experiences in game. Those that I've had have been small ones like the occasional loot whore. Most players are helpful, friendly, and drama free.

I can't really say the same for the raid scene though. I don't know if you played pre-velious but it wasn't much better on live and overall the drama that comes from raiding here is due to the way it's designed. That's not to say the guilds couldn't be a bit more civil. So if you are a player who wants to be a hardcore raider doing the content first expect to deal with raid drama.

Overall the server is great and it will survive the recent drama. Don't let the idiocy that goes on on the forums turn you away from what is the best classic EQ experience available.
Closed Thread