Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2013, 02:49 PM
Orc

Default crouch not cancelling spell casting

Crouching will cause an interrupt, but will not stop the casting progress bar. I am unable to cast another spell until the casting progress bar is over and I am returned the interrupt message. Previously, crouching would instantly stop the progress bar and I could immediately cast another spell. It seems to work as before on blue, but I have confirmed with others that this has recently changed on red.

Thanks for your work!

Tobras
Old 07-23-2013, 03:34 PM
Orc

Correction -- it actually doesn't even interrupt my spells. It seems the only surefire way to interrupt myself is by jumping.
Old 07-23-2013, 03:55 PM
Banned

Blue should work like this.

Red is correct for this era, blue is wrong.
Old 07-23-2013, 05:25 PM
Planar Protector

Why does Red get to be era appropriate and not Blue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
------------------------------
June 27, 2001 3:00 am
------------------------------

- Spell and Item Interruption: Ducking will now interrupt a spell
instantly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Damn guys.

It worked like this till 2001. Unless you played something that cast no spells, this is something you should definitely remember.

In addition to this, you *should* be able to sit down during a long cast from a spell or clicky. As long as you are standing when it completes, it should resolve and cast.

I hope this is a joke. It obviously takes a lot more skill to pay attention to wtf you're doing and not cast the wrong spell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you review the patch notes, you'll discover we didn't have this functionality until long after pve was opened.

I support it being added purely because it should classically be there until June, 2001. It wasn't added because pve had been up for multiple years. PvP server had the option of starting with it.

Regardless, this is the pvp bugs section, so working as intended until midway Velious.
Old 07-28-2013, 08:37 PM
Fire Giant

Yeah whats the deal with Blue being able to duck spells and Red has to wait?
Old 07-29-2013, 05:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silikten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah whats the deal with Blue being able to duck spells and Red has to wait?
lol, this was literally JUST explained in the quote from nilbog ele just posted 0_o

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=94928

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhambuk View Post
gotrocks community savior
Old 07-29-2013, 08:20 AM
Sarnak

Why do we have to have this thread once a week?? Learn to search!
Old 07-29-2013, 11:49 AM
Banned

Please keep red this way and FIX blue =)
Old 07-29-2013, 03:53 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrocks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol, this was literally JUST explained in the quote from nilbog ele just posted 0_o
lol, you're an idiot.

The explanation is "because I wanted red to have it." That is a far cry from being a reasonable explanation. Most of the rules here a based upon classic era, yet the same exact server has options from velious.

Sadly enough, the blue server, which ducking isn't even that prevalent, due to not having to adapt from a mob who you know will always cast certain spells, has the ducking option.

Ducking a spell is a game breaking utility which can make or break a pvp fight. It will not have nearly as much benefit PvE vs PvP.

But, again, the main point is, as Nilbog stated, it is a velious era option. So why does blue have it and not red? Unless blue has velious, then I can understand your reasoning.
Closed Thread