Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2013, 12:11 PM
Sarnak

Default Proposition For Raid Rules - Input Requested

First off I would like to say that this has been talked up to a few people in private - and has not been decided on yet by any guild. That being said this is what I propose, and would like feedback on it.

1. VP will remain FTE by any guild at all times.
Regardless of what goes on outside of VP, at all times VP will remain a CSR zone with no training and standard current FTE rules. Pull locations can be decided by guilds (ie zone in kills legal or not etc.)

2. The 2 hour window stall remains in effect.
Outside of VP - whoever kills a Kunark or Classic Dragon will be required to wait 2 hours before making an attempt the next time the dragon pops.

3. Forced raid breaks for high-kill guilds

Explaination: If you look at whokilledit.com, there are 2 dragons on 3 day (~8 kills a month) and 9 dragons on 7 day (~36 kills a month) for a total of roughly 44 dragon kills per month. Lets take that at a 25% rate. 11 dragons a month. ANY guild that kills more than 11 dragons a month is forced to take a raid break from Classic/Kunark dragons for the first week of the following month.

Reasoning: A lot of people are concerned that this 2 hour window thing will just create a top-2-guild-rotation and still not help the server population / nostalgia / raid scene out. I believe that this rule will either 1) Have the top guild sitting out for a week - and more than likely a couple of them sitting out, -or- 2) If they try to dodge it by killing only 11 dragons, then they will be leaving other dragons up anyways by picking and choosing.

VP: The 11 Dragon kill count WILL include VP dragon deaths, but the ruling WILL NOT suspend you from killing dragons in VP - see Rule #1.

4. Suggestion - Rogean reopens Raid Forum
Topic with each mob, guild leaders post in the topic when the mob is killed and by who. Topic to keep track of dragon tallies stickied. Allow everyone to see topics and post about possible raid alterations/solutions.

I am looking for honest opinions from different guilds and players on what you think about this scenario. I personally feel that it will allow other guilds to kill dragons, still allow higher end guilds to compete in VP, AND it will give hardcore players a break once a month from having to answer those goddamn batphones at 3am for Talendor.

Please dont 'trolololol this will never work' - be constructive.
Old 12-27-2013, 12:15 PM
Aviak

1 and 2 great
3 not so much
Old 12-27-2013, 12:25 PM
Planar Protector

1. With training illegal. explain to me why where you pull matters? Even the ledge should be opened up.

Also would like to see a gentlemenly agreement that you can't sit on a spawn point in VP. A race to pull/setup/kill the mobs. Fte should be absolutely respected until the guild wipes. FTE sniping (less than 2 groups in the zone on a pull.) should be strictly monitored. Leapfrogging after a mob has fte shouted and pulled to "eat a train" to look like a suspenable offense should also be monitored. Pullers are in vent and should know the position of the raid.

Tanrin,Rinat,Sprucewaynee
Old 12-27-2013, 12:28 PM
Planar Protector

I have a simple solution. Lets have FE/IB/TMO agree to no poopsocking, no delayed engages, and to leave up 4 dracos, and 2 naggy/vox/tal/sev/gore/fay/inny in an 8/4 cycle. (50%)

CT/Trak/VP always complete, and the draco that pops with CT always compete.
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.
Old 12-27-2013, 12:28 PM
Sarnak

radditsu - the pathing in VP is horrible, shit walks all over the place, paths thru walls, and you can possibly make a dragon run up and down a bridge 5 times just by clicking levi on and off - so it would be in effort to erase stalling shennanigans (ie kiting rules)
Old 12-27-2013, 12:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ungriim [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
radditsu - the pathing in VP is horrible, shit walks all over the place, paths thru walls, and you can possibly make a dragon run up and down a bridge 5 times just by clicking levi on and off - so it would be in effort to erase stalling shennanigans (ie kiting rules)
Oh I am very aware of the pathing. I think on more than one occasion I have said to just leash them.

I was just thinking of the "fun" of the pull. I have a soft spot for pulling mechanics and its fun to do.

Old 12-27-2013, 12:35 PM
Sarnak

Alarti - I don't believe current raiders would agree to such a drastic change
Old 12-27-2013, 12:36 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by radditsu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh I am very aware of the pathing. I think on more than one occasion I have said to just leash them.

I was just thinking of the "fun" of the pull. I have a soft spot for pulling mechanics and its fun to do.
Fair enough!
Old 12-27-2013, 12:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ungriim [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Alarti - I don't believe current raiders would agree to such a drastic change
Why? It opens up alot of mobs. It keeps the good ones in a competitive arena. Casual guilds will get a 400% increase in targets.

Whats not to love.
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.
Old 12-27-2013, 12:37 PM
Planar Protector

CT DT cycle worries me.

Closed Thread