Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 04:39 PM
Large Bat

Default Rogue Epic Question

Hiya folks, so I realize the rogue MQ is "cheap" but for someone whose highest level toon is 42, 20k is still a bit spendy. So I have a 34 rogue now and I was wondering about the epic. I see the first step to get the pack requires lvl 51. Though later in the walkthrough it mentions if you have high enough faction you can just spawn the turning NPC by saying something.

Does anyone know what faction I'd need to grind up for that to happen?

Also anyone have a suggestion on when I have a somewhat reasonable chance of succeeding with pickpocket steps?

I'm kindda wanting to do the foot work here and get my epic started soon as I can.

Thanks!
Old 10-21-2014, 05:12 PM
Planar Protector

Hi there. I'm glad to see you're eager to get started on a legit epic. You can't do this yourself at your level, but see if you can enlist the help of a 50+ rogue to spawn Stanos for you. Have them say, with Anson targeted, "I need to see Stanos." You can get started on your notes soon, I would recommend level 40 for 200 skill. And with someone helping you spawn Stanos, you can conceivably acquire your epic as early as lv 46 without someone MQing a book of souls. I quested mine at lv 47.

Steal notes.
Spawn Stanos. Turn in notes.
Give Eldreth the note Stanos gave you, along with 2 bottles of milk and 100p.
Steal the Book of Souls from PoH.
Find Yendar Starpyre. Give Yendar the note from Eldreth. He hands you back a note.
Give Yendar note back along with the Book of Souls to spawn Renux. Loot dagger and translation.
Spawn Stanos, hand him the translations, and recieve box.
Give box to dark elves in Kithicor with a sneak turn in to spawn General.
Hope quill drops.
If it doesn't collect SMR, Oracle, Ishva robes and buy a Kedge MQ for quill subquest.
Final turn in to Stanos = General's Pouch, Cazic Quill, Jagged Diamond Dagger.
Grats.
Last edited by Cecily; 10-21-2014 at 05:16 PM..
Old 10-21-2014, 06:41 PM
Large Bat

Wow thanks for the quick reply.

So the wiki had mentioned something about faction with one of the guys so you can spawn Stanos, is there any merit to that?
Old 10-21-2014, 06:45 PM
Planar Protector

Pretty much, don't be a dark elf or otherwise KoS. You just need a 50+ rogue of indifferent or higher faction. Honestly, I think lower works as well. You need to be able to say the trigger phrase without getting eaten. Both my rogues are KoS and it makes the quest a major pain in the ass, but not impossible.
Old 10-21-2014, 06:59 PM
Planar Protector

Sneaking behind Anson allows you to spawn Stanos as well. Its just that he will spin around as you say the phrase, and aggro you if you are KoS.

Unsure on classic status of this. The guides say "high" faction which most would assume is way over indifferent. However guides back then exaggerated lots of things.
Old 10-22-2014, 03:52 AM
Planar Protector

Never needed high faction for this epic. Dark elves shouldn't need to do faction to complete an epic solo. Sneak, unless this was changed sorta recently, no longer functions for text triggers. Was nerfed the same time hide, invis rather, was (properly) nerfed to no longer active text triggers.
Sneak as you describe it, should work. It just doesn't.
Last edited by Cecily; 10-22-2014 at 03:58 AM..
Old 10-22-2014, 04:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The guides say "high" faction which most would assume is way over indifferent. However guides back then exaggerated lots of things.
Pretty much that I think. If you find something about DE rogues complaining about faction grinding, that would prove otherwise. But we're not dealing with a soulfire type quest here. Part of the beauty of the rogue class is it's ability to give factioning the middle finger and caring about faction is horribly un-roguelike.
Old 10-22-2014, 01:25 PM
Fire Giant

Im such a nub - I spent so much time building Carson McCabe faction thinking I had to be warmly to spawn him without the pouch >.<

You do have to be over 50 tho?

At least im warmly though :P
Last edited by deadlycupcakez; 10-22-2014 at 01:25 PM.. Reason: at least...
Old 10-22-2014, 02:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlycupcakez [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Im such a nub - I spent so much time building Carson McCabe faction thinking I had to be warmly to spawn him without the pouch >.<

What a lot of people do is they enlist some high-level rogue to go to Highpass and spawn Stanos for them.
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 10-22-2014, 07:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlycupcakez [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Funny thing is, the pouch trigger doesn't work to spawn Stanos. That's a broken hand in on P99. Yeah, please just find a non-kos 50+ rogue.
"I need to see Stanos". GL on your epic!
Closed Thread