Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2022, 03:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Trump wears diapers, my paste eating chum.
So mad.
Old 02-23-2022, 03:26 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Which sections and when?
First off I'm talking about the country Georgia on the opposing side of the black sea as Ukraine, not the state.

South Ossetia was taken during the Russo-georgian war, the war ended as Obama was coming into office and he didn't do shit to Putin about it. But the blame falls more heavily on bush for simply ignoring the war as if it didn't exist.

Bush sent Rice to deal with Georgia who brokered a peace treaty that allowed Russia to install a puppet government in key areas. This emboldened Putin to take Crimea in 2014.
Last edited by New_Guy; 02-23-2022 at 03:31 PM..
Old 02-23-2022, 03:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by New_Guy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
First off I'm talking about the country Georgia on the opposing side of the black sea as Ukraine, not the state.
Oh alright. Was that in any way ambiguous from my link? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-23-2022, 03:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by New_Guy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A xenophobic approach to the world won't work in America, not after you outsourced every home made import and now rely on the rest of the world to run your nation.

Dictators don't stop on their own, keep allowing Putin to take land and it will be Europe next and soon after he'll be invading Alaska. You also have to worry about China being emboldened by Putins attacks to take Taiwan.

92% of the world semiconductors come from Taiwan, we lose Taiwan and we can't build shit here for at least 5 years while we make the factories necessary to build them. In the time both Russia and China will surpass us in military might and when that happens it's game over.
Yeah I keep hearing Putin plans to take over Europe and then the world

That’s why I’m excited to see what EU NATO’s military response will be since they are the ones actually threatened by Russia’s proximity

Nothing I love more than American boys dying for Eu’s supposed safety but if a few of their sons can die too that would feel more fair
Old 02-23-2022, 03:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yesterday: Ok we get it.. Trump is said to praise Putin on CNN... ok whatever lets move on and then today... Ugh... .someone put a muzzle on this guy for the good of the GOP party. praising Russia Again!??

Trump doubles down on Putin commentary as he’s blasted for ‘insane’ ‘adulation’

-from independent.co.uk
You understand he is actually criticizing Putin right? Like you read the words he said, right?

Quote:
I went in yesterday and there was a television screen, and I said, “This is genius.” Putin declares a big portion of the Ukraine — of Ukraine. Putin declares it as independent. Oh, that’s wonderful. So, Putin is now saying, “It’s independent,” a large section of Ukraine. I said, “How smart is that?” And he’s gonna go in and be a peacekeeper. That’s strongest peace force… They’re gonna keep peace all right.
You see, you've got to understand that it's sarcasm when he says, "They’re gonna keep peace all right." But you don't understand sarcasm, or choose to ignore it to suit your own needs.

When Trump says "it's wonderful" do you really actually think he is telling you that he thinks it's wonderful? Are you a keyword-based reactionary?

It's not siding with the enemy to say the enemy is very smart. I'm tempted to say you got trolled by a man who knew exactly what words to use to trigger you.
Last edited by BlackBellamy; 02-23-2022 at 03:32 PM..
Old 02-23-2022, 03:31 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Author Chris Hedges:

Hedges hosts the Emmy-nominated program On Contact for the RT (formerly Russia Today) television network.
Hedges has described himself as an anarchist (in his video The Death of the Liberal....

Nah, I am good man don't need that ...

I mean in that article he comes right out the blaming Democrats for the debt when we had two wars started by the Republican party cost us 6 Trillion and a recent Trump administration that dumped trillions into a handout to the rich.. only to tank the economy in a glorious lose of 16 trillion.

The article is complete propaganda for the right and it shows.
Its clear you didn't read it, thanks for your totally valid input where you don't address what's in the article at all and immediately revert to polarized political talking points.
The article clearly blames republicans for starting wars and for democrats who replace them who ran on a platform of ending the wars then turn and perpetuate it and vise-versa.
You are very closes minded and set one a one-sided way of thinking. Good luck with that. Maybe one day you will wake up and realize the republicans are not the bad guys and the democrats are not the good guys.. they are all working for the bad guys. That's what the article tries to articulate. As for the other stuff you went and researched about Hodges himself, idc tbh.
I care about the substance of the article and information in it and not as concerned about the writers personal life or beliefs or what country the show he won an award on was based out of in the past. Lol, seems irrelevant and typical liberal bullshit where you ignore the problem and attack the character of the person talking about it because you don't agree. It gets us nowhere.
Old 02-23-2022, 03:36 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

That’s why I’m excited to see what EU NATO’s military response will be since they are the ones actually threatened by Russia’s proximity

Nothing I love more than American boys dying for Eu’s supposed safety but if a few of their sons can die too that would feel more fair
America lost the ability to sit back and stay out of it when they allowed every corporation to move their factories overseas for cheap labor.

Now if we don't police the world, the world can starve us out of resources. Doesn't matter how big and strong your castle is, the enemy doesn't need to invade when they can surround you and starve you out.
Old 02-23-2022, 03:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

His justification for war includes the Baltic states, née Soviet republics.

And half of Poland! Don't you guys like them anymore?
Old 02-23-2022, 03:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
America lost the ability to sit back and stay out of it when they allowed every corporation to move their factories overseas for cheap labor.

Now if we don't police the world, the world can starve us out of resources. Doesn't matter how big and strong your castle is, the enemy doesn't need to invade when they can surround you and starve you out.
Definitely an effective siege tactic and I agree we are overly reliant on importing things like appliances and computer parts

Luckily though we only import 15% of our food and I don’t plan to eat any couches
Old 02-23-2022, 03:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Obama and Biden allowed Putin to take swaths of land that didn't belong to him without stopping him, under Obama Georgia was invaded and Ukraine lost Crimea.

Now Biden is crying sanctions again when they clearly didn't work in the past and more of Ukraine is being usurped.

Meanwhile Trump is cheering Putin on, at this point it should be clear that both parties are only good for supplying idiots that rule ineffectively, yet people keep voting party lines for fictional wedge issues that exist only for media coverage.

If Americans don't abandon the parties moving them toward disaster then the fall of the country is inevitable.
But look how effective the those propped up wedge issues are? I mean just read this thread. Liberals completely ready to die on their hill of having chosen a terrible candidate and leader in Biden because "at least its not trump". Then there's republicans with the "liberals are jumping ship" wishing we had 4 more years of trump. Settling for terrible to avoid horrible. Not a good look for the country. We are not in a good state of affairs right now.
Closed Thread