Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 12:12 PM
Aviak

P22 is killing P99.
Old 04-23-2012, 01:03 PM
Large Bat

I've died 5+ times now directly because of it. Had to zone for avoiding surely impending death 15+ other times. I run a tight ship when I'm hunting shit, and this has me at a loss. There are risks I can't possibly prepare for. This fleeing shit is a total x-factor. What could a nuclear missile silo possibly do if Nightcrawler went apeshit?

In a tight crawly space like Highkeep, if my mobs (Goblins or Guards, I've had trouble with BOTH) start fleeing and they catch on their track towards other trainable mobs right away? I'm fucked. The window of me nuking them to death before that happens is extremely small. I have to run ahead of them, stop, pause for a second so I'm sure the spell won't think I moved, wait the 4 seconds of casting, and then PRAY the blindspot detection isn't bending me over a table. But all of THAT varies on which direction they decided to book it towards to begin with. Total russian roulette.

Sure these were problems before, but it's my MAIN cause of concern now. Not whether or not I'm able to take this mob. But whether it's likely this game of flee-pinball will cause a horrific trainwreck. This wasn't so scientific before. This isn't challenging, this is frustrating. I was set in my ways. My mind agreed to a particular field of rules, and some of those rules are catastrophic if changed.

If this change was deliberate, for the love of god, revert it. It causes a feeling of anguish and fear that I know I don't remember about Live. If I did remember that about Live, I wouldn't have given p99 a shot.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You cannot grasp the true flaw of this patch.
Last edited by GreenGear; 04-23-2012 at 01:22 PM..
Old 04-23-2012, 01:16 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Imo it was silly for these guilds to head to hate and fear instead of going after Tal, Sev, and Fay. You don't need to clear trash or manage gigantic trains or cope with deathtouches with those outdoor dragons, but they still cough up great stuff like RBBs and cloaks of flame and whatnot.
VD actually went over Fay, but TMO went for it at the same time. It makes sense if you think about it. Without attempting the mob we decided to go after, they get all of the mobs but one. If they do follow us, then they get all the mobs.
Freddee Bearfoot - 60 Halfling Druid
Spooee Bearfoot - 60 Halfling Cleric
<Vanquish>
Old 04-23-2012, 01:20 PM
Planar Protector

Patch went in last night to fix the turbo attack and selos speed flee issues.

You're playing a free version of an emulation of a 12 year old game. The stated purpose of this server to to emulate exactly the 'classic' expeience. If you think that this change is *NOT* classic, and in fact is 'broken' in that sense, gather research and show it to the devs that they did something wrong. Drama is fail. Facts are win. Or, adapt. If you cannot or are unwilling to adapt, go play something else.
Last edited by fadetree; 04-23-2012 at 01:22 PM..
Old 04-23-2012, 01:25 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadetree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You're playing a free version of an emulation of a 12 year old game. The stated purpose of this server to to emulate exactly the 'classic' expeience. If you think that this change is *NOT* classic, and in fact is 'broken' in that sense, gather research and show it to the devs that they did something wrong. Drama is fail. Facts are win. Or, adapt. If you cannot or are unwilling to adapt, go play something else.
I just explained to you in succinct detail why adapting is not the option you pretend it is. It's a flaw that planning can't account for. It makes the game thoroughly frustrating to play. Stop kissing up to the powers that be and read the post again, jackass.
Old 04-23-2012, 01:26 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadetree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Old 04-23-2012, 01:36 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGear [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If this change was deliberate, for the love of god, revert it.

You cannot grasp the true flaw of this patch.
+9001

Why this was even implemented I have no idea. Let the undead frogs run.

Also, that emergency patch to fix the mob run speed, has not fixed the run speed.
Old 04-23-2012, 02:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGear [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just explained to you in succinct detail why adapting is not the option you pretend it is. It's a flaw that planning can't account for. It makes the game thoroughly frustrating to play. Stop kissing up to the powers that be and read the post again, jackass.
lol, Irony ftw.
Old 04-23-2012, 02:09 PM
Kobold

Quote:
lol, Irony ftw.
Old 04-23-2012, 02:29 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekanc [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dungeons are out.

Plains are in.

Rerolling druid.
Why don't you just kill yourself now. Fucking Maiden. Fucking druids.