Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 10:42 PM
Banned

Default Gear-Heads Car Junkies

I'm big into Nissan and Z cars, but was wondering if anyone else is a car nut on here.

Import or Domestic post up what you like or plan on buying, your current build or something.

Ill post some pics of my current 3 cars a little later. I just bought another 93 z32 yesterday and have been in the process of cleaning it up for pics.
Old 04-02-2014, 11:10 PM
Orc

Yeah I am a big car nutter, mostly into drag racing.

I am just about finished building my drag car, should hit the track in the next month or so and once sorted will run in the 8sec zone over the 1/4. Open wheeler "Altered" single seater sort of thing. Full chrome moly tube chassis.

Engine I have built is a chev LS1 5.7ltr - about the only thing standard is the block and the crank.. everything else is aftermarket! Should be good for ~670hp @ 7200rpm

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Last edited by Bundie; 04-02-2014 at 11:36 PM..
Old 04-02-2014, 11:21 PM
Banned

1GZ-FE toyota 5L quad cam alloy V12 in 1999 subaru legacy
Built reverse pattern manualised TH400 box. 9.25" IRS from Z33 300zx turbo in subaru subframe.
Vipec V88 computer, twin TD06 20G 8cm huffers.

Enough torque to turn top gear from 1800rpm, and leave two lines leaning on the throttle at 60mph whenever you want. Did 120mph with no timing in it and running fairly rich. Uber fun.

Cute pic of it on the dyno messing about.

I LOVE the way cunts scratch their heads counting all the runners and then do a tripple take at it.

1973 Holden HQ Kingswood ute.
Toyota 1UZ-FE 4L quad cam alloy V8
GT4094R, 50mm turbosmart gate, Haltech PS2000, CAN speedhut dash, CAN wideband and cylinder ports for single cyl trim, and GM flex fuel sensor.
Toyo A340 spragless auto, billet in and out and billet planetary rear housing. Full manual mechanical valvebody and mechanical diode converter.
Ford 31 spline 9" diff with trutrack and about to set up a 4 link in the back.
Going to get all high tech and try and make a working Bex link lateral. Dont think it's ever really been done for a street car.

450hp atw at 1:1 with non lockup converter. Should be good for 130mph and a high 10 quarter with perfect cold start on e85 and all the mod cons.

Few more toys laying around [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Buriedpast; 04-02-2014 at 11:27 PM..
Old 04-02-2014, 11:26 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buriedpast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1973 Holden HQ Kingswood ute.
My man! Good to see another Aussie around [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Location?

Love the Toyota V8's there is a guy in Rockhampton who runs them in Supercharged Outlaws with big roots blowers running 7sec passes with them.
Old 04-03-2014, 08:11 AM
Banned

There's a few around. Most known would be joe's Capri in Sydney. Somewhere round 1200hp with a powerglide and twin gt35's. Genuine street driven car a few times a week and has dipped into the 7's or low 8's I think. My thing is more of a toy, nothing serious about it.
Old 04-03-2014, 09:26 AM
Banned

the 92 twin turbo 18 psi

2nd 1995 non turbo with full bolt ons

3rd 1993 non turbo project I just got

pics are bad sorry, I sold my 280zx turbo miss that thing :/
Old 04-03-2014, 04:24 PM
Sarnak

No off roaders here? Just Japanese imports is all I see ;/
Old 04-03-2014, 04:31 PM
Sarnak

Ive had a bunch of random projects. Anything from a B16 swapped Integra gutted and running a 100 shot, a few DSM's, RB25 swapped S13 240 and now a few Mustangs. The current one ive got is a 2013, full bolt ons, intake, longtubes, etc. Made 400whp with the auto, plan to put a whipple on it some day. Pic below. Also Gaffin, if you are on the gulf and ever need any parts for that fleet of Z's you have go check out F&D in Mobile. Jon and Bob have like 30 Z cars sitting in front of the place with just about any part you would ever need.

Dyno Video below if anybody cares to watch.

http://youtu.be/9UWtomrTrMY
Last edited by Pullyn; 04-03-2014 at 04:40 PM..
Old 04-03-2014, 05:17 PM
Sarnak

I've mostly been into motorcycles since I was a teenager but have been getting into cars as I get older. Bikes are just easy to work on, faster than cars, and a hell of a lot fun to ride. I picked up my '02 WS-6 TA a while back and my father-in-law and me are restoring his numbers matching '67 Firebird. We thought it would be cool for us to have the first and last years of the Firebird. My TA just has the standard bolt-ons. The cars only got 55k on it so I'd like to wait until it gets to 100k or something blows before tearing it down, tinkering with the internals, and swapping the rearend. This pic was from about a month ago. Fun car and definitely a head turner.

Old 04-03-2014, 05:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pullyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also Gaffin, if you are on the gulf and ever need any parts for that fleet of Z's you have go check out F&D in Mobile. Jon and Bob have like 30 Z cars sitting in front of the place with just about any part you would ever need
nice, they have a website or anything? I most get all my stuff from Z1. sometimes local stuff pops up but not much around here in the panhandle FL

i was honestly wanting to build a fox 5.0 for fun but never got around to doing it.

nice car btw [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread