Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2017, 08:16 AM
Fire Giant

Never used a macro for FD in my life. 90% of the time I use FD I'm not even auto attacking in the first place, and the other 10% it's such a minor thing to hit my attack button first. I don't ever fail due to not having attack off. Having a 1 second delay every time I hit my FD key would trigger the hell out of me. How fat are your guys' fingers that this is required?

Plush Bufnstuf
Old 06-28-2017, 08:26 AM
Aviak

"/pause 1" is 0.1s delay, 1s would be awful indeed.
Old 06-28-2017, 09:19 AM
Planar Protector

Exactly, 0.1 sec is hardly noticeable and I'm willing to bet it is faster than manually doing it. Guessing those that turn auto attack of manually have more like a 0.2 - 0.4 second delay.

I can see taking pride in not relying on a macro, but it really isn't any major advantage, possibly a niche thing when pulling a bunch of casters while you aren't attacking. If you are DPSing and draw agro you will definitely want the macro no question.
Old 06-28-2017, 09:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In my opinion don't use a macro. There is a delay involved. Just practice hitting attack off before you feign death. Both should be bound to keys. I had Q for attack and F for Feign Death.
Not good idea. Often you will make a last round of swings after auto attack has been turned off, which can result in you attempting to swing while FD, cancelling FD. Sometimes My SK turns of attack and casts FD but the lag results in a broken FD. I can only imagine this is worse for monks. Don't risk it!
Old 06-28-2017, 09:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Exactly, 0.1 sec is hardly noticeable and I'm willing to bet it is faster than manually doing it. Guessing those that turn auto attack of manually have more like a 0.2 - 0.4 second delay.

I can see taking pride in not relying on a macro, but it really isn't any major advantage, possibly a niche thing when pulling a bunch of casters while you aren't attacking. If you are DPSing and draw agro you will definitely want the macro no question.
I think the problem with the macro is if there's a bit of lag it can mess up the macro order, or at least that's what I remember.
Old 06-28-2017, 09:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In my opinion don't use a macro. There is a delay involved. Just practice hitting attack off before you feign death. Both should be bound to keys. I had Q for attack and F for Feign Death.
Ignore this trashcan advice. /attack off /doability x is all you need and never had an issue.
Old 06-28-2017, 09:54 AM
Banned

during my several years playing a monk I have died 0 times from the delay in my FD macro. Alternatively, I died gobs of times before I had the macro and hit FD w/o turning attack off.
Closed Thread