Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2017, 04:41 PM
Sarnak

Default Masks

If i'm on say a gnome / rogue and i use the barbarian mask, will i gain the ability to slam with it?
Old 06-23-2017, 05:04 PM
Planar Protector

Nope, but if you are a barbarian rogue and use the gnome mask you'll lose the ability to slam.
Old 06-28-2017, 09:22 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If i'm on say a gnome / rogue and i use the barbarian mask, will i gain the ability to slam with it?
Previous post is misinformed. With barb mask you DO get the ability to slam. Unfortunately, Slam shares a cooldown with Backstab so you can only use one of the two. For rogues that makes it useless - bards that use mask can slam w/ no downsides.
Old 06-28-2017, 09:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Illusion to ogre/troll/barbarian: gain slam.

Illusion away from ogre/troll/barbarian: lose slam.

Note unlike slam hide/sneak/forage aren't changed by illusion.
Old 07-04-2017, 03:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Previous post is misinformed. With barb mask you DO get the ability to slam. Unfortunately, Slam shares a cooldown with Backstab so you can only use one of the two. For rogues that makes it useless - bards that use mask can slam w/ no downsides.
I just am curious, how does a mask add an ability to your character that he/she never has? How does the ability "slam" get added to the list of skills I mean?

I would expect the barb mask to work exactly as enchanter illusions work, meaning when you turn into a barb, you simply look like a barb, no added slam skill is granted to the character.

***Slam is not a worn effect, like for instance troll illusion grants a slight regen, that's worn. An actual melee ability which needs clicked is not a worn effect so I just want to know how a barbarian mask grants an actual button you click for slam.
Last edited by Lhancelot; 07-04-2017 at 03:29 PM..
Old 07-04-2017, 05:55 PM
Fire Giant

Barb illusion does not allow me to slam
Fauvana 54 Erudite Necromancer
Seliel 24 Erudite Rogue
Deepwalter 6 Erudite Paladin

Fauvano 40 Dark Elf Necromancer
Stoppinswords 11 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 07-04-2017, 06:49 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would expect the barb mask to work exactly as enchanter illusions work, meaning when you turn into a barb, you simply look like a barb, no added slam skill is granted to the character.
^This is false.

Just logged on enchanter to test it and make sure it hadn't changed. Illusion barbarian, Illusion Ogre, and Illusion Troll all currently give the ability to slam.

I casted each of the 3 illusions, went to my abilities list and added it, pulled a mob, proceeded to slam it. This worked in Barbarian Illusion, Troll illusion, and Ogre illusion. The hits registered as "You bash a..." I had non-weapons in both hands as well.

I don't have a Barbarian mask, but I would imagine it works the same.

[Tue Jul 04 18:43:34 2017] You begin casting Illusion: Barbarian.
[Tue Jul 04 18:43:36 2017] Aqua goblin tidal lord tries to hit YOU, but misses!
[Tue Jul 04 18:43:37 2017] You feel different.
[Tue Jul 04 18:43:38 2017] Aqua goblin tidal lord tries to bash YOU, but misses!
[Tue Jul 04 18:43:38 2017] Aqua goblin tidal lord tries to hit YOU, but misses!
[Tue Jul 04 18:43:39 2017] Aqua goblin tidal lord tries to hit YOU, but misses!
[Tue Jul 04 18:43:39 2017] You bash aqua goblin tidal lord for 1 point of damage.

and Troll...

[Tue Jul 04 18:45:16 2017] You begin casting Illusion: Troll.
[Tue Jul 04 18:45:19 2017] You feel different.
[Tue Jul 04 18:45:20 2017] Aqua goblin tidal lord tries to kick YOU, but misses!
[Tue Jul 04 18:45:20 2017] Aqua goblin tidal lord tries to hit YOU, but misses!
[Tue Jul 04 18:45:21 2017] You try to bash aqua goblin tidal lord, but miss!

The ogre log is to lenghty to post cuz I was rebuffing some other spells in between, but point should be made.
Old 07-04-2017, 06:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmcwrestling [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Barb illusion does not allow me to slam
Finally someone that has one and speaks from experience. Ending my month long debate with someone over this.

I just want to know how people think a mask grants an actual melee ability though, please explain that. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-04-2017, 06:54 PM
Fire Giant

I don't spend much time illusion ed as a large race , and I was fairly certain but hey I'm willing to admit I'm wrong , he does have logs after all
Fauvana 54 Erudite Necromancer
Seliel 24 Erudite Rogue
Deepwalter 6 Erudite Paladin

Fauvano 40 Dark Elf Necromancer
Stoppinswords 11 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 07-04-2017, 06:54 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Finally someone that has one and speaks from experience. Ending my month long debate with someone over this.

I just want to know how people think a mask grants an actual melee ability though, please explain that. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It adds it to your abilities list, the same as a legit troll/ogre/barbarian. As soon as you click off the illusion, you no longer have the option on the list although the hotkey will remain.

Again, this is from an Enchanter's perspective. I really, really doubt the mask is different though since it is the exact same spell Illusion: Barbarian
Closed Thread