Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Guild Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2013, 06:23 PM
Planar Protector

Default Red Dawn Relaunch

Desired Classes: All classes welcome to apply, but definitely seeking Clerics / Enchanters / Melee DPS / Wizards. Must be level 25+ To Apply. Please either make an app on the website OR contact Miley / Checkraise / Ricardo / Selena / Lawlzies / Moderately / Chopper / Tyrant in game. All members must now register on our forums and acknowledge they have read our charter/rules, before being granted a tag.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I have decided to re-launch Red Dawn on red99. This will be a neutral aligned guild with mature players. We do not condone corpse camping people [outside of raid situations], we aren't a strike first ask questions later guild. At this current time we are a neutral guild who have no alliances or enemies. The goal of the guild will be to level together, play with mature and skilled players, and ultimately potentially create something special that will be able to down raid targets down the road, particularly when Velious launches. We are NOT an anti-nihilum guild, or an anti-anyone guild for that matter. We will start off small, planar clears, etc., and see where that takes us. We currently do 2-3 planar clears a week, and run constant EXP groups for our members. We pride ourselves on being a mature and friendly guild who always look to help each other.

Core Goals & Principles of Red Dawn:

1) Transparency. I pledge 100% transparency within this guild. Should we down targets, and have a guild bank eventually, it will be available for all members to see at all times via a google spreadsheet. There will be no "hidden" loots that members don't know what happened to or any funny business like that whatsoever.

2) Member involvement. This guild will respect it's members and constantly poll their input. While recruitment will be basically completely open at first as we grow, eventually should we in fact grow to be something more and we put in a rigid recruitment process, all members will get their chance to vote on apps. All major guild decisions will be ran through the membership first. While I believe strongly in PVP calls and PVE calls being made with a clear leader and listen now approach, all guild matters I strongly believe should be decided by the guild as a whole.

3) Non-Griefing / Neutral Alignment pledge. This guild will have zero tolerance for griefing. While griefing can be defined widely, for our purposes griefing involves not granting LNS, needlessly killing people far below your level for no purpose other than to "grief" them, making twink alts for the sole purpose of shitting on lowbies, etc. This is a pvp server, and we will embrace pvp, but we will not embrace griefing.

4) No Clique Tolerance. Guild before the Individual. This guild will have absolutely zero tolerance for cliquey actions and those who decide to not partake in guild activities and instead hide in the seb crypt. If we're having a guild raid, and you're online, we expect you to help if you're able to do so. If there's room in your exp group, we expect you to allow a guildie in it to share in the EXP, even if he's a hybrid or a non-desirable class.

5) No Loot Drama. While firstly, there won't really be raid loot to speak of as we initially grow, when eventually there is, we have a strict no drama loot policy. Anyone who meets the definition of a member, and is present on the raid kill and can use said item, will be eligible to roll for the item. Should the need for DKP or what not eventually arise, we will put it to a vote of the members.

6) Mutual Respect. This guild will have no tolerance for talking down on other members or bullying each other or any negativity of that sort. If someone doesn't know how an encounter works, or where to be, or who to assist, we expect you members to help the individual, not put them down. We believe that you don't need to curse and shout at people to motivate them in a MMO, you can be firm, but not rude and impolite.

7) Player Integrity. This guild will have a ZERO tolerance policy towards any RMT / 2 Boxing / MQ, etc. Should any member ever be caught doing said actions, they will IMMEDIATELY be removed, regardless of rank or importance.

If these things sound appealing to you and you're interested in joining, you can respond to the thread or PM me. This will be a work in progress. Do NOT expect instant results in this guild, because they WILL NOT come instantaneously. But, if you want to be a part of something potentially special, and be a founding member, to get in on the ground level, and you believe in the vision laid out above, then I encourage you to apply.

While I, and other members, will CERTAINLY help new members with JC and some hand me downs and even potentially some PL, do NOT join this guild with the expectation of this being a free hand holding service from level 1 to 60. Again, we will be more than glad to help, but you shouldn't look at this as a "free ride." You get what you put in.

My goals for the progression of this guild are to start doing exp groups, progress to seb groups, particularly fungi king groups to get our members fungis, planar clears, and then eventually competing / contesting for raid targets, with the understanding that realistically, it will likely not be until Velious that we are truly able to "roll with the big boys," and get the pixels we all desire.

Guild Rules:

1) We do NOT grief. This is defined as follows: killing naked players on CR (unless they are bind rushing / intend to loot and kill you again), killing players who have asked for LnS (unless they have violated LnS previously), intentionally exp killing players (unless this is the only way to defend yourself in a pvp altercation with them, i.e, breaking a PK's invis who is inc to your group to engage you), training players, scamming players, making exceptionally well geared alts with the intention of "farming" new players, pvp that borders on harassment (i.e., following someone around for hours on end killing them repeatedly), tricking players to join your exp group to then kill them, intentionally porting people to incorrect places, etc. Even if the players are "douchebags", we ALWAYS act the bigger man. That's what makes "red dawn" red dawn. We take the high road. Again, if someone is intending to loot and kill you etc., then by all means defend yourself. This rule doesn't mean you can't engage in PVP. By all means, if the player isn't naked / on CR, etc., engage them in PVP. They could be engaged with mobs, etc., it's. ok. PVP is PVP as long as it doesn't occur under the circumstances above.

1st Offense: Warning
2nd Offense: One week loot probation
3rd Offense: Guild removal / additional probation

2) We aren't trolls. Everyone wants to have some fun in OOC, etc., and we aren't trying to take ourselves too seriously. But please avoid conduct that would reflect poorly on the guild. There's no way to ever properly define this rule, so just use your judgement. If it looks like what you're typing is something Slathar would spam in OOC, then you probably should hit the backspace button.

3) We do not exploit / RMT. Anyone caught exploiting or RMTing will be guild removed. No exceptions. I don't care if you're an officer or the most important member we have. This is non-negotiable.

4) Do not stir up drama in TS or Guild Chat. Did a guild member just say something offensive to you, do something dumb, or something you believe is inappropriate? Ignore them and contact in an officer in tells. Stirring the pot in TS / GC does nothing but escalate the situation and make it more difficult for the officers to handle and ultimately resolve. Keep your cool. Be the bigger man. If you respond in kind to poor behavior, you are no better, and ultimately hurt the guild. People who want to yell at others in GC or TS do nothing but hurt guild morale and bring the team down, even if they were originally in the "right."

(Serious drama starting can result in temporary guild removal until the player "cools off," as deemed necessary by officers)

5) Mentor other players, don't berate them. We have lots of new players in Red Dawn. Many of them don't know the layouts of all the zones, the best spell set ups, the in's and out's of their classes, etc. Teach them, make them better. No one becomes a better EQ player by being shouted at and verbally abused. We're an elf simulator guild, not the marine core. We have players of all ages, gender, and background here. Not everyone is alpha males in their mid 20's who respond to verbal lashings.

6) By all means, ask the guild for help, that's what a guild is for, but when help is unavailable due to players being busy / unable to do so, do NOT incessantly beg repeatedly. If someone hasn't responded to your request for a rez or port that you spammed 5x in 5 minutes, you probably will need to wait a bit and try again later. It's not because people don't want to help you, it's likely because exp groups on red99 are difficult to find, and breaking those groups up to rez someone in permafrost, or kill that "one" mob will likely mean the end of the group for everyone.

7) TS is for raid / group communication FIRST, shooting the breeze SECOND. When there's a difficult pull, a pvp battle, instructions being given out, PLEASE keep all non-related banter out of channel during that time. No one wants to hear about who you started on your fantasy team while we're engaged in mass pvp.

8) Loot for planar trash is decided by a roll of random 1 100. The determination of who won the roll is decided and announced in shout by the loot officer at the raid. No one should loot anything until the loot officer announces the winner. Anyone who is more than 15 minutes late to the start of the raid is ineligible for non rot pieces of loot until 30 minutes have passed since their arrival. Every person winning that is considered a "good" piece of gear (a determination made by the loot officer), is ineligible to roll again on other "good" pieces, until all others have won. Gems are randomed amongst all present who have been there the prerequisite amount of time. When we start downing dragons, we will handle the loot via a loot council that will be made up of the officers as well as two random players from the guild from that raid, in order to increase transparency.

9) Any issue with an officer decision should be brought to the leader, in private, to be handled accordingly.

10) If you have an empty spot in an exp group, and there's a guildy needing a group, you MUST group that player, assuming the spot is free. This is non-negotiable. We are only as strong as our lowest level member. You being 60 does us no good if our melees are level 45.

11) All guild groups should be based upon NBG for all loot, unless the entire group is in agreement to handle loot otherwise. If even one member is not on board, then it's not acceptable to do loot any other way. No "secret" HS groups or fungi groups are acceptable in this guild. Again, we are only as strong as our weakest geared members. There are exceptions to this (i.e., you bring your alt which the group needs more to EXP, in order to roll on a piece for your main, or vice versa, you bring your main which the group needs to EXP in order to roll for your alt. The important factor is the group must be on board with the decision. You cannot wait till a fungi drops and then go, "oh I'm here to roll for my warrior.")

12) From time to time, non RD members may raid with us as seen fit by the officers. Non RD members are subject to the same planar gear rules as everyone else, but are NOT eligible for any "big boss" loot, unless a specific alliance and agreement has been made. Currently we have no such agreements, and any proposed agreement is subject to member approval.

13) We do not consider anyone "KOS" to our guild. That does not mean you may not attack them, it simply means our members are free to group & exp with anyone they see fit. Any exp or loot you get by grouping with other guilds is only beneficial in the long run to Red Dawn, and we don't care about petty disputes or what not other guilds or what not may have with us. Having said that, there may be rare occasions where a player or guild has committed an act or acts so vile, as to force us to ultimately create a KOS list and place them on it. This will be INCREDIBLY rare and subject to something such as Ninja Looting / excessive grief, etc. Ultimately, pvp is pvp, and you need to "suck" it up if someone kills you. If our members are in a group with other guilds getting exp, it is NOT considered ok to go and pvp and kill that group, thus ruining the exp for the guildie. (Rare exceptions are where a guild group wants to do the same camp, they should communicate this to the member ahead of time and let them know their intentions). This will be a grey area, and caution / common sense should always prevail.

14) Show up to raids on time, and if you can't due to real life obligations, do NOT expect there to be a limousine service waiting for you upon your logging on. You're "on your own" to find a ride if you show up late. The easiest way to ensure you get a ride if you show up late is to camp out @ neriak a before hand. If you log out in sebilis, don't expect our druids or wizards to leave the raid to run over there to pick you up. We will try our best, but the ball is in your court in those situations.

15) Above all, treat each other with respect, and have fun. Despite the numerous "rules", common sense should always prevail. Think twice before hitting the enter button. There will still be "grey areas", written rules can NEVER cover all situations, however, if you always think before you act, you should easily be able to avoid any negative situation. Be the bigger man, use /ignore when you have to, log off if your mood has soured and temper has gotten the better of you. Don't play when you're trashed if you're going to rip guildies a new one, etc. AKA be a normal human being.

UPDATE

Currently doing bi-weekly planar clears and CONSTANT xp groups

Last edited by heartbrand; 03-02-2014 at 08:28 PM..
Old 11-07-2013, 06:52 PM
Sarnak

First. This is motivating!
Old 11-07-2013, 06:53 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I have decided to re-launch Red Dawn on red99. This will be a neutral aligned guild with mature players. We do not condone corpse camping people [outside of raid situations], we aren't a strike first ask questions later guild. At this current time, we will "ally" for raiding purposes with Azrael, but we have no alliances or enemies outside of that. The goal of the guild will be to level together, play with mature and skilled players, and ultimately potentially create something special that will be able to down raid targets down the road, particularly when Velious launches. We are NOT an anti-nihilum guild, or an anti-anyone guild for that matter. We will start off small, planar clears, etc., and see where that takes us.

Core Goals & Principles of Red Dawn:

1) Transparency. I pledge 100% transparency within this guild. Should we down targets, and have a guild bank eventually, it will be available for all members to see at all times via a google spreadsheet. There will be no "hidden" loots that members don't know what happened to or any funny business like that whatsoever.

2) Member involvement. This guild will respect it's members and constantly poll their input. While recruitment will be basically completely open at first as we grow, eventually should we in fact grow to be something more and we put in a rigid recruitment process, all members will get their chance to vote on apps. All major guild decisions will be ran through the membership first. While I believe strongly in PVP calls and PVE calls being made with a clear leader and listen now approach, all guild matters I strongly believe should be decided by the guild as a whole.

3) Non-Griefing / Neutral Alignment pledge. This guild will have zero tolerance for griefing. While griefing can be defined widely, for our purposes griefing involves not granting LNS, needlessly killing people far below your level for no purpose other than to "grief" them, making twink alts for the sole purpose of shitting on lowbies, etc. This is a pvp server, and we will embrace pvp, but we will not embrace griefing.

4) No Clique Tolerance. Guild before the Individual. This guild will have absolutely zero tolerance for cliquey actions and those who decide to not partake in guild activities and instead hide in the seb crypt. If we're having a guild raid, and you're online, we expect you to help if you're able to do so. If there's room in your exp group, we expect you to allow a guildie in it to share in the EXP, even if he's a hybrid or a non-desirable class.

5) No Loot Drama. While firstly, there won't really be raid loot to speak of as we initially grow, when eventually there is, we have a strict no drama loot policy. Anyone who meets the definition of a member, and is present on the raid kill and can use said item, will be eligible to roll for the item. Should the need for DKP or what not eventually arise, we will put it to a vote of the members.

6. Mutual Respect. This guild will have no tolerance for talking down on other members or bullying each other or any negativity of that sort. If someone doesn't know how an encounter works, or where to be, or who to assist, we expect you members to help the individual, not put them down. We believe that you don't need to curse and shout at people to motivate them in a MMO, you can be firm, but not rude and impolite.

If these things sound appealing to you and you're interested in joining, you can respond to the thread or PM me. This will be a work in progress. Do NOT expect instant results in this guild, because they WILL NOT come instantaneously. But, if you want to be a part of something potentially special, and be a founding member, to get in on the ground level, and you believe in the vision laid out above, then I encourage you to apply.

While I, and other members, will CERTAINLY help new members with JC and some hand me downs and even potentially some PL, do NOT join this guild with the expectation of this being a free hand holding service from level 1 to 60. Again, we will be more than glad to help, but you shouldn't look at this as a "free ride." You get what you put in.

My goals for the progression of this guild are to start doing exp groups, progress to seb groups, particularly fungi king groups to get our members fungis, planar clears, and then eventually competing / contesting for raid targets, with the understanding that realistically, it will likely not be until Velious that we are truly able to "roll with the big boys," and get the pixels we all desire.
quoted for later purposes
Old 11-07-2013, 06:55 PM
Planar Protector

I'll join brew.
Old 11-07-2013, 06:57 PM
Planar Protector

Wish you luck upon your endeavors HB. From the few times I have talked to ya, seem like a decent dude, hmu anytime your groups need rezzes or "druid" ports ;D
Old 11-07-2013, 07:15 PM
Sarnak

Old 11-07-2013, 07:22 PM
Planar Protector

thats me n u gongbro
Old 11-07-2013, 07:25 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Sektor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gongshow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lmfao
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuffpuppy View Post
Saint Sektor cleansing the server of sick humans. This guy deserves VIP / Contributor status.
Old 11-07-2013, 07:32 PM
Banned

If that Gif is from a recent east bound and down episode I need to catch up.
Old 11-07-2013, 07:32 PM
Planar Protector

interesting, i somehow find myself rooting for hb