Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2011, 08:56 AM
Large Rat

Default Loving this experience.

I am loving this game so far. Almost everything about it is what I miss from the Old days of playing EQ.

I love being able to play in these old zones and spend hours grinding for gear, and equipment, and having fun making friends while grouping. I also love how friendly almost everyone is. Hell I was in a group the other day where an Oger got an upgrade for his armor and passed off his old armor to me because it was much better than what I had on.

I found myself after a night of camping Scryer with a Wiz friend with no pop, and then killing him several times the next day without said friend and saving every drop I won the rolls on for my friend, and asked for nothing in return. Hell I haven't done something like that in years.

Of all the things I love about this place and this community it does have things I dislike. I dislike some of the elitest attitudes you see at low levels. Example, Pre 20 when there is still caps on what you can do. And people yelling at you for not being twinked out. (Sorry I prefer to quest/grind for my gear, and from playing on a red server in live for so long still partially have the mentality of no-drop = best)

And there are things I wish we had. Like a role playing rule-set. Learning languages to communicate within a group was always fun to me. Like getting the Troll one day in your group of friends, and for half the night no one knows what he is saying, but he knows his job and he does it well, and you have no idea if he can understand your praise.

But all in all this game is a great experience, and I love it, and I want to say Keep up the good work I look forward to what is to come.
Old 06-04-2011, 09:04 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Yeah everything is cool except the whole role playing thing and languages. I play eq to have fun not pretend i'm some lord of the rings elf with pointy ears and run around forsoothing people.. Role playing also leads to weird bros cybering with each other. BUT HEY no one is stopping you from being all lord of the rings elf bro, but if I got you in one of my groups not only would I not play along because I am a grown man but I would probably think you are mentally ill.
Old 06-04-2011, 09:10 AM
Large Rat

Not what I mean at all about roleplay. I never once have done any of that bro on bro bullcrap you see. Nor gotten into my character where I pretend I am him.

On the live roleplay server ruleset there is no common speak. Meaning not only do you have to raise factions you need to learn the language as well. It was fun, and made every city feel like you just traveled an even greater distance because they no longer speak like you do and you need to learn how to speak like them.
Old 06-04-2011, 10:13 AM
Orc

I have to agree. I am playing a paladin named Viro (currently 17) and have had a pretty good time here. It does not seem as difficult as it did 10 years ago but its been fun so far.
Old 06-04-2011, 10:14 AM
Kobold

If you are from a red server, you might want to check out the PVP forums, on a potential red P99 server.

The writing skills and style there, including obscure references (which are meaningful to all 4 of them or something) might throw you off though - be warned.
Old 06-04-2011, 10:25 AM
Fire Giant

I'm with ya. Now I know why I hate all the new MMOs out these days, they're shallow and easy. I stopped playing Rift 15 minutes into beta 2, it was just horrible. P99 makes you feel rewarded for accomplishing something instead it just being handed to you.

Makes you wonder what the future could/should have been.
Old 06-04-2011, 11:10 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goraith [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have to agree. I am playing a paladin named Viro (currently 17) and have had a pretty good time here. It does not seem as difficult as it did 10 years ago but its been fun so far.
Yeah man, what's with that? I guess I just didn't know what the hell I was doing back in 1999 or something because it doesn't seem as hard as I remember it.
Old 06-04-2011, 01:27 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snorlax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah everything is cool except the whole role playing thing and languages. I play eq to have fun not pretend i'm some lord of the rings elf with pointy ears and run around forsoothing people.. Role playing also leads to weird bros cybering with each other. BUT HEY no one is stopping you from being all lord of the rings elf bro, but if I got you in one of my groups not only would I not play along because I am a grown man but I would probably think you are mentally ill.
I will disagree here.. EQ is a RPG which strangely enough means Role Play Game.. Now it doesnt mean going to the extremes that your talking about, but having a bit of fun and playing along... Some of my best experiences in live involved running a roleplay session out, in fact we just to draw crowds who would get involved or thank us for the show..

As a standard rule everything "said" or "shouted" is in character and everything else (Tell, Group, OOC) is out..
Old 06-04-2011, 03:13 PM
Sarnak

We do the same thing in The Harbingers of Thule...all Iksar guild, we speak normally in group with each other and guild, but we refer to all non iksar as softskins in group and belittle them for being inferior here and there. Its fun and 90% of the softies play along and gives everyone a good laugh.
Sslaythe (30 Iksar shaman) Leader of the Harbingers of Thule
Old 06-04-2011, 03:50 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I was considering leveling up an alt monk to get some RP goodness in, iksar style.. can imagine as a rule of thumb its quite an arrogant race (not as bad as High 'up their own arses' Elves)
Closed Thread