Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-13-2011, 01:52 PM
Fire Giant

Default Regarding the new spell file and such.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I guess they should just stop patching the server until they find something to nerf for each class.
Well, they painted a pretty broad stroke this time considering every spell caster (and hybrid) on the server probably spent an hour today re-arranging their spell book as well as making and saving spell sets. lol.

I know, it's not as horrid as book-in-the-face medding or anything, but there s a fine line between having fun on a classic server and being those freaks at Denny's at 2 am arguing over irregularities in the content and timeline of the Star Trek Universe.

I know, right clicking to hotswap spells on the go isn't 'classic' per se.. But it's just another time-sinky annoyance in a game that, at it's heart, is supposed to be fun. Not everything that happened post 1999 was Bazaar and Nexus-y. Some of it was simply just UI updates and devs going 'Jeez, this prob doesnt need to be this annoying. It's not like we're Amish here".

Something as simple as soul-binding Plane of Sky keys would shave hours off a raid up there, and it's certainly not like the use of necros and wizards and clerics to make a chain is exactly rocket science or adds anything to the experience beyond a time sink. It's not like it's a matter of talent or skill, just an added sink in the name of "classic-ness".. It's there and i can't think of a real reason beyond sanity (something we all lack, btw heh) that the sky daisy chain is being re-lived 10+ years later, but yet it is!

I know, I know.. go play on EZ or whatever. Anytime someone steps up and says 'hey, does this actualy have to be *this* annoying 10 years later? ppl rage at ya like you're at the park on a sunday jogging and stop to tell one of the guys beating on each other with a nerf sword that his watch is showing, or his kilt is a couple centuries off from the rest of his motif.

We're not bad people (well, outside of RnF), we don't deserved to be punished. We appreciate the insane amount of research and waybacking and coding that go into making this the premire classic spot around. Just please, guys, keep in mind there's a ton of us that *have* been here since the Classic beta and it's the fun factor that keeps us coming back and signing up for more.

I'm not asking anyone to change anything, just to remember it's always been a mix of striving for the classic element with newer UIs in the first place that's kept this place truckin along. I'd be curious to see if everyone got their 'wish' and the only option was 'tinybox in window' 640x480 resolution' and book in face medding that we'd be where we are today. And i get that Rogean and Nil would still be tinkering with this place even if no one came to play at all, but i'm sure there's a certain satisfaction they also get from seeing high peak numbers, legend status, and tallying up all the missed work days, wrecked relationships, and godknowswhatelse their polarizing force has wreaked upon our lives.

Thank you. Keep it Real. But not 'too' Real. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Most of the people with bad experiences with me hang out in R&F, shocking, looks like I'm doing something right.